View Full Version : I PASSED!!! I'm through!!

alisno1fan
11-28-12, 12:29 AM
I know many of you don't know me and this may be inappropriate but I want to share this with you all.
You are like my extended family!!
And my accomplishments are yours too.
We are in this together.

So....
I PASSED MY LAST MEDICINE EXAMS EVER!!!!
No supplementary exams (which I've had to do like 3/4 years)
I don't know my exact marks yet, but I don't really care. All I care is that I'm through to 6th year!!!

6th year is a laid back year with just a few assignments. Basically the year they shine us up before we graduate.

It has been hard, slow, painful, excruciating, disheartening and filled with many failures and ultimately SUCCESS

Nearly every day I have questioned why I am doing medicine. My ADHD has been exacerbated and aggravated through the roof over these past 5 years.
Trying to fit something into a mould that doesn't fit, only makes it more inflamed, swollen and worse. That is what has happened to me. BUT... I pushed and I pushed. It may not fit the way it's suppose to, but it's in. And that is all that matters.
Anything is possible with determination, pain, endurance and the fight to push boundaries and limitations to be what you want to be or do you want to do.
Succeed where most expect us to fail.

I can't take credit for it all. I couldn't do anything or be who I am without my Lord Jesus Christ.
(I realise that is my faith and my choice. But I have to acknowledge my God)

I have proven everyone wrong who said I couldn't do it with my ADHD.

If you want something, don't ever let anyone say you can't have it.
It will be hard, it will be so much more work, painful and against the grain and odds. But where would we be today if no one went against the grain and norm and said "I can, I will."

Jesus, Joan of Arc, Martin Luther King Jnr, Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, Isaac Newton, Benjamin Franklin, Einstein, Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, Walt Disney, Thomas Edison, Bill Gates, Monet and last but most definitely not least, Muhammad Ali.:yes:

tudorose
11-28-12, 12:33 AM
Well done!

Now take a good break!!

Unmanagable
11-28-12, 01:56 AM
Congrats!!!! :D

Speaking of Ali, I'm currently listening to the book on cd, "Soul of a Butterfly", and wow, it's really good.

Go treat yourself to something you love and celebrate!

ginniebean
11-28-12, 02:21 AM
Congraulations and thanks sooo much for sharing! We need to hear the good things too! :)

sarek
11-28-12, 03:06 AM
Congratulations! We all know first-hand how effing tough this is and how much this must have cost you to accomplish.

Great job!

mrs. dobbs
11-28-12, 03:45 AM
Congratulations. You got to the top of K2 backwards and with a blindfold on! Next stop, the peak of Everest. I'm guessing it doesn't just feel great now, it's also gonna pay off big time in the future. :)

Jacksper
11-28-12, 06:32 AM
Cool, I am very happy to read your story! Also, nice to see that you put your hope in God, I hope that He will help you along the way & that you can have a meaningful life now that you're studies is nearing it's end!

alisno1fan
11-28-12, 07:20 AM
Thank you all so much!!
It's just as much your victory as it is mine!

And thank you Jacksper. As the Bible says:
What is impossible with men is possible with God.
Luke 18:27

Fuzzy12
11-28-12, 07:28 AM
That's brilliant!! Congratulations!! :yes:

SquarePeg
11-28-12, 09:20 AM
I looked at the threads and didnīt open most of them but I opened yours because I knew it was going to be a happy story!!

Big big congratulations to you, well done I really admire you. Hope you can take some time to relax a bit. xx

scrambled86
11-28-12, 10:31 AM
Very well done!! Big congratulations!!

DvlsAdv0c8
11-28-12, 01:33 PM
http://www.addforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=10681

Congratulations! Time for a BREAK!

demuregeek
11-28-12, 04:39 PM
Awesome! Well done!

And yes, time for a well-deserved bit of downtime, to boot. :D

alisno1fan
11-28-12, 11:51 PM
Thank you SquarePeg, DvlsAdvoc8, Scrambled86, Fuzzy12, DemureGeek and everyone!!

You bring tears to my eyes.
I still can't believe I've done it. I'm on the home stretch, 1 year to go and no more exams.
This is OUR achievement!
OUR success!

It has been exactly 1 week since my final exam and I still haven't really taken a break.
I guess it still hasn't really hit me yet, and I haven't been able to take a break or unwind properly for the last 6 years.
Hmmm. I might draw again. The last portrait I did was...well 7 years ago.

Thank you all so much!!
Now get out there and say I CAN!!!

BellaVita
11-29-12, 01:03 AM
I don't know you, but this post brought tears to my eyes.

What an inspiration, thank you for sharing this with us!

alisno1fan
01-25-13, 03:46 AM
Thank you so much BellaVita. That really makes me feel better. It has been such a long and excruciating journey, that has been quite lonely in terms of my ADHD. I don't want credit or thanks for what I've done. The thing I want most in this world is to INSPIRE. To help those who are struggling and those who think they can't. :)
Thank you again :)

Fuzzy12
01-25-13, 05:23 AM
Congratulations & Well Done!!! That's brilliant!!! :grouphug: :)

GeordieDave
01-25-13, 09:17 AM
wooo! Huge congrats!!