View Full Version : anyone used Time Timer

Slowpoke
01-08-05, 06:43 AM
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the time timer? The store that carries them in my town is out of stock and won't get them for two weeks, so I thought I'd just try to get information before that...

Let me know. thanks.

cody's mom
03-18-05, 09:58 AM
Hi!! I have a son with ADHD and use a time timer with him.. It helps for him to actually see the time decreasing. When I taught in the classroom, I often used them for some of my students... very effective as a visual cue. Pam

IthinkIcanI
05-23-05, 03:48 PM
I have not seen it yet and ordered on 5/14/05 as a 2 day delivery. I have called the Ohio place of originality where I bought it (online) and am awaiting a reply as to where my time timer is.

I was so excited to get it. I am bummed because I went on a retreat and came home thinking it would be here. Any luck with then or anyone know where to order from a distributor please pm me.

IthinkIcanI
05-23-05, 08:56 PM
I received it just now. I will update on how it works for me. I believe it will greatly help me since I am so visual. Now if I can just get my children to obey and handle my other add issues I will be gaining ground!

IthinkIcanI
05-24-05, 04:04 PM
I have used it all day since it arrived yesterday and I am happy to say that my children were not tardy for school today and that is a testimony!:p

AquaNymph
07-17-05, 05:01 AM
Do you have a link for where I can purchase one?

nnamelet
09-03-05, 09:36 PM
A paid coach gave me a tip that boosted the value of a kitchen timer: I tried to use it to keep me on track with difficult tasks. 30 minutes were way too long. Already diverted. But he advised me to keep reducing the time interval till I could capture "escape" flights. It turned out that 10 minutes worked. Once a breakthrough was made longer times could be used, too.

Another interesting timer is a wrist watch with ability to vibrate instead of or plus ring; that let's you use it with people.

Nam

AquaNymph
09-04-05, 01:58 PM
Thanks Nam. I am still looking for this kind of advice - it has not been easy to practice this stuff - ugh!! Erica

jasonmark
05-04-06, 04:55 PM
There are some great timing techniques using a liquid timer or sand clock in the ADHD book BEING IN CONTROL

nnamelet
05-04-06, 07:30 PM
Do you have a link for where I can purchase one?

By this time you may not even remember the question (I check into AddForum only every now and then) but you can get a vibrating alarm watch from www.hearpros.com/watch.htm. $40 and good quality.
Nam

chloe516
05-04-06, 09:29 PM
I like the time timer, wish it had the option of ringing as time ran out, in addition to the visual. I end up setting a kitchen timer in addition to the time timer in my classroom.