View Full Version : Food turns to ash in my mouth

ally50
12-01-12, 03:05 PM
So I've had what was dangerously close to an eating disorder. I don't talk about it much so my family didn't really notice much and now that I'm away at college I didn't have to hide it as much. Which means I got lazier and didn't spend as much time trying to finish meals. The other day I made the mistake of taking an adderol about 4 days ago, I didn't know much about it which was dumb on my part but Idk I wont say it would have made a difference at the time even if I had known that It would kill my appetite because it didn't sound too bad, especially since I'm use to not having an appetite. I took the pill and four days later and taking a bite of food still makes me feel like im trying to force down slugs. Anyone else know how to get your appetite to recovery after taking it? I will obiously not be doing this again, my boyfriend now knows I have an eating problem which sux, and I dont know how to get myself eating correctly again. I've tried just forcing food down but I can never get past more than a bite or two before my stomach feel upset and ive got teary eyes and give up. I'm feeling kinda hungry, just cant eat boo... I've been able to force down half a cracker today and am sipping on milk, im taking daily vitamins to avoid malnutrition. I dont want to make myself sick, and not eating is no longer about weight, I just want to not feel like I'm gona put myself in the hospital.

sangeeta
12-02-12, 10:45 AM
I don't have much info regarding what you are going through although yes, adderall does affect how much I eat. What I do want you to do since you are in college is go to the health centre. They are able to help you there and it will be confidential due to HIPAA. You should explain all your issues and perhaps they can give a correct diagnosis.

demfabbones
12-04-12, 11:05 PM
I second that ^. You need to see a doctor. In the meantime though, try to keep your energy up by eating what you can stomach of high-protein foods. I don't really understand what you're going through, but when my appetite isn't the best I find it easier to eat things that go down easily, like soup, smoothies, milkshakes, etc. - basically, stuff I don't have to chew.

It sounds like you have some sort of serious issue and a doctor can help.

awdcivic
12-08-12, 08:16 PM
well if your in a medical state that is one thing that medicine is perscribed for. dont know much about appetite myself because ive always had a huge one on or off stimulants.