View Full Version : Now we're trying Lexapro!

Amtram
12-02-12, 03:13 PM
I'm already experiencing a slight improvement in my mood after a bit less than two weeks on this, thank goodness. However, I've been feeling my pulse in the right side of my neck and hearing it whoosh in my right ear - haven't experienced that since I went off Paxil more than 6 years ago. Has anyone gotten this side effect and had it go away after a while? (I'm hoping someone says yes, here, because I don't have too many other medication options!)

hollywood
12-03-12, 01:10 AM
Man, you have been on all antid's eh?

Amtram
12-03-12, 02:58 PM
Yep. Part of the problem was that none of them were able to compensate for the meningioma!

MellyFishButt
01-16-13, 11:32 PM
I'm already experiencing a slight improvement in my mood after a bit less than two weeks on this, thank goodness. However, I've been feeling my pulse in the right side of my neck and hearing it whoosh in my right ear - haven't experienced that since I went off Paxil more than 6 years ago. Has anyone gotten this side effect and had it go away after a while? (I'm hoping someone says yes, here, because I don't have too many other medication options!)

Hey Amtram. :) I was doing some research on Lexapro and your thread popped up on Google. I have been taking Lex for a few weeks now. It increases my hyperactivity but does an amazing job on my depression. However, I get random rings in my ear or if I am in a quiet room, I get that high pitch shadow noise that you get after a loud concert. Hearing my pulse all the time would freak me out. Maybe you were congested? Has this symptom gone away?

Amtram
01-17-13, 12:35 PM
Ah, forgot to update this. After 6 weeks, the pounding in my right ear did not subside, my sleep got worse, and I was plagued with rumination as bad as I used to have before medication. So no, none of the things I disliked went away.

However, we're back on Cymbalta. It had worked very well for me before the tumor in my skull became an issue, and I had been switched off it by a thoroughly incompetent doctor. It's too early to notice any significant changes from coming off Lex, but the ear pounding has gone down a bit, and I'm not feeling as lethargic during the day (thanks, norepinephrine!!)

TheChemicals
01-17-13, 02:20 PM

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126600