View Full Version : How to keep sane until diagnosis?

Haydosj
12-05-12, 08:23 AM
Hey guys,
I'm new to this... and I'm really at a loss to know what to do.
I'm in my first year at university and was trying to find a way to deal with my own anxiety, something that was proving quite difficult during exams. After being frustrated for quite some time, I realised that my anxiousness wasnt the reason that I was finding it difficult to concentrate, but my concentration was causing me to be anxious. This then caused me to look into ADD, and the more that I looked into it, the more it was hard to deny this possibility.

But how could this be right? I was able to get 3 straight distinctions last semester?!? But then it hit me. The pre workout substitute that I took before doing my homework contained Methylhexanamine, A substitute for Ritalin!!! (http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Methylhexanamine)
This pretty much validated it for me, and explained so many things that I couldn't decyfer in my head.

Given the nature of my study, I knew that self diagnosis was something that I need to be wary of, so my first port of call was the doctor. Of which he said that my suspicions where valid and referenced me to see someone in the city (after messing it up a few times, very irritating) The problem is that since no one had ever picked up on it before, or just considered it to be symptomatic of a half arsed diagnosis of aspergers.... I have to wait 3 months to even start to be assessed for ADD.

I would love some advice on how to keep my head together untill the process begins? :confused:

Plognark
12-10-12, 05:15 PM
Ugh, yeah, I'm older than you, but that waiting period sucks.

The only thing I can offer is keep yourself very busy with hobbies and other interests between now and then. :p