01-09-05, 06:17 PM
This is not a question about anything pertaining to ADD or how to use this forum................but I was not sure where this question would go. I also thought maybe somebody else has had the same problem.
I had downloaded the program that we found out about through Andrew(Big) about helping with a cure. My question is: if I had to reformat our computer, which means that I lost all my existing programs............can I just download the program without joining the team again??
I'm not using that particular program (I'm not running Windows, and I was already participating in another project anyway), but you should not have to rejoin the team. You ought to just be able to set up your particular copy of the program and let it go. Keep in mind that as a non-user, I might very well be wrong, but the way I said seems to be the general way it usually works.
01-10-05, 09:01 AM
I copied all this from the help when I first downloaded the program, hope it's what you're looking for.
Doing a clean install of the software should alleviate this problem. To do a clean install of the software, please do the following:
1) Close the software by minimizing the window if it is open, then right clicking on its icon in the system tray and clicking on "Exit."
2) Uninstall the software from [Start][Settings][Control Panel][Add/Remove Programs].
3) Check to ensure that the software's directory (by default c:\program files\world community grid) has been deleted. If it is not, delete it and all files.
4) Check for the presence of World Community Gridwin dll file (in c:\windows\system in windows 9x and ME or c:\winnt\system32 in NT and 2000). If it is still present delete it.
5) If you have your original install file, delete it.
6) If you performed any of the above manual deletions, empty the recycle bin.
7) Install the latest service pack updates from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
Download a new copy of the software.
8) Restart your machine.
9) Open Task Manager by holding down the Ctrl and Alt keys and hitting <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Del</st1:place></st1:State> once. Highlight each program and click on End Task. If using Windows 9x you must open Task Manager again for each entry. The only entries that you do not want to run End Task on are Explorer, Systray, and your firewall.
10) Install the software from the newly downloaded file. Restart the computer.
01-10-05, 01:29 PM
The second time I tried to download the program..............it worked just fine!!