View Full Version : About 60 days (two months) of wellbutrin xl ... success!

kimical
12-12-12, 06:21 PM
I think it works for me. The doctor made a prescription for 150mg.

The first month was awful. I took 150mg for four days and then went up to 300mg. The doctor knows I drink two cups of coffee in the morning and it's hard for me to eat breakfast. He asked me to take it after breakfast which sadly is hard for me to do sometimes. I became tense, anxious, irritable, numb I felt like I was in a fog and couldn't do anything. It got so bad that I thought life wasn't real and nothing actually existed. Also, my stomach was seriously messed up. One day I went off it and it was so much worse.

I went to a nurse at the mental health center I go to and told her everything about how I was feeling, she called the doctor and the first thing he asked was if I ate before I took it every day. I didn't realize this was so important with this medication. He reduced the dosage to 150 and now I feel like I have my life back. I'm actually glad I hung in there and stuck with it. It's so much better than prozac or zoloft. I was on vyvanse and although the euphoria was nice, the crash and the anxiety wasn't worth it. I think this is working for me.

The good things are I am calm, which never happened before. I am calm but with energy as well. I can focus on tasks that I start, but starting them is still a problem sometimes. I'm not depressed. At all. There's really no reason for me to be sad. Although I still have the ability to cry when things are rough. I'm not numb, I'm just myself without depression. I love my life, my family, school. Things are looking up. I think I may get a job soon. I can handle things one at a time. :) Right now there aren't any negatives or bad side effects other than an upset stomach if I take it without food.

kimical
12-21-12, 12:09 PM
They changed my script to a different generic brand and it made me feel awful. Now I'm on a different medication, I guess I'll see how this goes.

magniloquentcun
12-25-12, 08:54 AM
why did you change if it was working? any side effects?

dasikins
02-18-13, 08:09 PM
I just saw this- awesome is it still working?