View Full Version : glitches in the mind

mary e mills
01-10-05, 08:33 PM
does anyone else havea problem with their memory having glitches of blankness for a second or two, only remembering the fact every now and again?
i'm losing what i'm trying say! it's getting hard to remember what i'm trying to say.
there have times when i have to relearn things all over again in my studies. i'm picking where i left off when i left school.
am i going cazy?
i'm on concerta and am happy on it, but i find it loses effect when i'm tired, under a lot of stress or an ill.
mary.

charlie
01-10-05, 09:04 PM
Mary,
Yep recently don't know if it's due to stress or meds (zoloft)
worse example was sitting at a stop light and could not remember how to turn on windshield wipers
took over a minute, tried blinkers twice,
pDoc says yes it could be due to stress, but never suggests it could be meds
so I dunno

FightingBoredom
01-10-05, 09:59 PM
Go to brainplace.com and see if you can find more info on this. I recall that Dr. Amen suggests taking a certain does of DLPA and Gingko Biloba to reduce or eliminate this.

gingagirl
01-11-05, 11:12 PM
Potentially periods of "blankness" could be absence seizures --a type of seizure that is easily missed/not recognized since the person maintains a regular appearance (no muscles spasms or unconsciousness). I'm having a hard time figuring out how to explain it ...has anyone else heard of absence seizures?

Of course, a more probable ADD explanation is simply getting lost in thought and needing a second or two to pull yourself back to whatever task you were doing ...kinda need some time to regain your wits about you so you can function, even if its a really simple task that your mind has wandered off from.

mary e mills
04-01-05, 06:46 PM
sorry, i was having a migaine attack. i have differculties remembering past bad migaines.
mary:cool:

casper
04-02-05, 11:39 AM
Good to hear it was not something sooo serious..not that migragnes are not serious but u know.

Guest1
06-05-07, 11:44 AM
i have that problem always