View Full Version : Off Wellbutrin and feeling odd....

425runner
12-13-12, 09:59 PM
It's been 5 days since I last took it. After taking the Wellbutrin on/off for 3 years I'm starting to feel very strange. Calm yet no motivation, like I'm getting back to my "I couldn't care less" wimpy self.

I guess I should get back on it....only reason I stopped taking it is that it seriously interfered with learning and expressing myself clearly. Maybe I just need to force myself to be more assertive without the Wellbutrin :eyebrow:

hollywood
12-13-12, 10:58 PM
Yup. I am like you. I think well but tend to be passive and reflective . Not good if you need to get assertive and involved . Wellbutrin definitely stops being passive

Phoenix Ash
12-14-12, 09:46 AM
Are you on anything else right now?

Rather than going back on Welly, maybe you can find what you're looking for in a different med. If motivation is the problem, maybe a stim? Amps help me with that, as well as a reasonable degree of assertiveness and generally being more involved in my own life.

425runner
12-14-12, 08:32 PM
Yes, I take Dexedrine ER 10mg twice a day and my pdoc just increased the dose to 15mg twice a day because I started a new job and it's killing me!! I'm doing audits and it's very...very tedious!! I regret I accepted this job but my unemployment was about to run out so I had to take it. :( Now..I hate it...Dex is not working so I've been drinking those 5-hr energy shots and they keep be focused/alert. Kindda expensive though...

I agree, going back to Wellbutrin isn't going to solve my lack of assertivness and ability to deal with stress. I need to work on that myself. Gonna take the weekend off meds, maybe they'll start being effective again...don't know what else to do.

Are you on anything else right now?

Rather than going back on Welly, maybe you can find what you're looking for in a different med. If motivation is the problem, maybe a stim? Amps help me with that, as well as a reasonable degree of assertiveness and generally being more involved in my own life.

hollywood
12-15-12, 12:09 AM
You guys must have some other issues . I am not pointing but if I take say 300 mg wellbutrin and Prozac ir Effexor I am more than assertive . I am a naturally competitive personality . I want to be better and I will shove it in your face . I enjoy doing that . Yeah I am passive aggressive but aggressive is my natural personality . I can't stop and I never surrender . I guess I am different and wellbutrin helps lighten my mood and I stop self assessing . I am going yo try adderall and or Effexor and use welkbutrin as a backup . Sorry folks you guys seem a bit more empathetic

425runner
12-15-12, 07:11 AM
Ha..ha...@hollywood you crack me up! Yes, I've become more mellow as I got older...36 now....don't necessarily like it but I don't think taking anti-depressants or other pharma substances to make me more competitive is the way to go.

You mean if you take 300mg Wellbutrin + Prozac + Effexor?? then you become more assertive? That seems like a strange combo...no?

I'll be trying a higher dose of acetyl l-tyrosine since it's a pre-cursor to NE/DA it should make me a "go-getter" again

hollywood
12-15-12, 03:30 PM
I always was mean and competitive since I was born . Nothing changes and age plays no difference . I am a machine like. I get on something and push