View Full Version : Success without medication with severe ADHD

Gilthranon
12-15-12, 05:13 AM
Yesterday I've officially terminated my internship, and can't complain. Particulary positive evalutation from the manager (I mean, for an Inatt) . Relieved... happy not to have to come back there :)

I can't remember last time tripling endurance but you know the hilarious part ? I'm missing the rush I get from leaving all behind without notice. Gives me more a kick than officially ending it... takes more to satisfy me ;)

Next : The Last Chapter
DIPLOMA

Gilthranon
12-15-12, 04:21 PM
Ok I intentionally put few emotions in this post to remain cool - but this is a HUGE victory for me... for months I've been looking at it as the Himalaya and everyday I intended to quit. I was afraid I couldn't manage and wanted to know if I would have what it takes - and now I'm finally breathing again. It's over :cool:

gemini-dreamer
12-15-12, 04:25 PM
Ok I intentionally put few emotions in this post to remain cool - but this is a HUGE victory for me... for months I've been looking at it as the Himalaya and everyday I intended to quit. I was afraid I couldn't manage and wanted to know if I would have what it takes - and now I'm finally breathing again. It's over :cool:

YAY!!! Congrats. :yes:

Lunacie
12-15-12, 04:41 PM
Congrats on making a difficult decision,
it sounds like the right decision for you. :yes:

I'm sure you'll find something better to give you a rush, satisfy you,
without being so doggone stressful. :)

Gilthranon
12-15-12, 06:06 PM
Need to get over social stress so I can actually find temporary jobs :)

Lunacie
12-15-12, 06:27 PM
Need to get over social stress so I can actually find temporary jobs :)

I've heard good things about Gaba supplement for easing stress and
anxiety. I picked up a bottle today and am going to give it a trial.
Will see if it works as well as the anti-depressant I've been taking.

MrDavidAlan
12-18-12, 05:01 AM
No.

I am big into my prescriptions. They work.

Otherwise - I'm losing life.

Gilthranon
12-20-12, 04:49 AM
I have a principle against artificial stuff...

zhenka11230
12-20-12, 05:13 AM

I am sorry I can resist saying this but please do some reading on basic chemistry. "Artificial stuff" screams lack of basic understanding of principles of chemistry, and its bio-interactions.

Do you know that beans, wheat, skin of potatoes, etc... all contain poisons designed to kill insects and mammals? Plan life is in constant chemical warfare with animal life. This utopia of "natural" is costing you relief from your symptoms today and perhaps far worse consequences of ADD induced actions later.

Cost/benefit analysis is the ONLY logical thought pattern here. Whether something is natural or not is completely irrelevant, disregarding the fact that difference between natural and not natural only exists in our minds.

Think about this: loosing a job, health consequences of leading a stressful ADD life, getting hit by a car due to inattention, etc... You know... The NATURAL. Is it worth it?

Fuzzy12
12-20-12, 08:19 AM
Oc well done for doing what's right for you!! May I ask why you don't want to take medication? It might help and I hate to see you suffer when maybe you don't have to... :)

Lunacie
12-20-12, 12:02 PM

I spent the first 61 years of my life being horrifically anxious - of course
it was called being "shy" when I was a kid.

I truly wish I'd gone to the doctor many years ago and given meds a trial.
They have made such a big difference for me. But I didn't even know
anxiety was considered a mental health disorder until a few years ago.

"Natural" supplements aren't always very well regulated. You can get a
different dosage from one brand to the next, even a different plant
source. With prescription meds, this is less of an issue.

meadd823
12-22-12, 05:09 AM

Ahh then can I interest you in some organic snake poison or 100% all natural toxic mushrooms - All natural does not automatically equate to good for you! Many of the most deadly chemicals are made by nature!

ADDinHDefgHi?!
12-22-12, 05:38 AM
Coca leaves are natural...

I could see going without meds if I never knew the difference, like going through life without sex if you've never had sex, it would be awkward but maybe some people could do it...

I think Ritalin and Adderall are healthier than most of the things people put into their bodies on a daily basis, like energy drinks for example, or fast food.

I live a healthier life when I take my meds, I exercise more, I eat healthier, I balance my schedule better etc...

Congratulations on the accomplishment! At least you don't have to deal with pharmacists who have an axe to grind with the ADHD community anymore.

Gilthranon
12-22-12, 07:01 AM
@ to all those getting worked up because of my opinion - btw why does it ? It's not like I'm question your decisions or anything. My lifestyle will have in no scenario any impact in yours, so if you're interested in to why I say this, fine, happy to discuss it, but I don't care about opinions about my choice. Nor am I saying that I'm never taking meds of my life. I'm saying if I can, I avoid it.

No it doesn't lack logical thinking. Artificial in my eyes, is when without humanity such combination would not have existed. Drinking tea, combine herbs, spices, plants, seeds - fine, keep it as simple as eating plants if possible. But it doesn't mean it doesn't come from nature, everything does. First of all it's relative. There is no fine line between artificial and natural, as all is natural. So it is a matter of judgement, not black and white.

I will as a matter of fact be back on the pills as of January, to get my diploma. For the irony, I'll be on heavy meds...

SquarePeg
12-22-12, 02:13 PM
I wish you the best of luck. Me and my kids have only just started on the meds journey and so far I canīt see that I will stop them because I donīt feel any side effects that I donīt like (apart from they donīt mix well with alcohol) but who knows what the future holds.

Gilthranon
12-22-12, 06:10 PM
Thnx Square - which ones ? I'm looking for the next meds start 2013

btw my last message here came off awfully cold - beargh :) that's the misery of texts - no facial expressions or voice tones... =(

fracturedstory
12-23-12, 06:01 AM
That's ok. When I'm off my medication I can come across as insensitive.
I can't even last a day off them. This week at least.

Good on you for succeeding without medication. I wish I could. I wouldn't be able to do or survive through a lot of things, but it gets annoying to take them. I don't want to be on them for years and years too. But it's just hard for me off them. Even now I'm looking for an argument for stimulation and just yelling abuse at people...for stimulation.