View Full Version : Tapering off 150mg Zoloft... Hoping to improve Adderall XR's effectiveness!

heylookacastle!
12-17-12, 08:10 PM
After two weeks at 125mg Zoloft from a 150mg starting dose... I am stabilized and back on Adderall XR 20mg (with Doc's approval) and about to continue tapering to see if there is an increase in effectiveness with regards to the Adderall.

Has anyone tapered off an SSRI and found that Adderall worked better for them afterwards?

Note: Doing a five week taper and was told to stop taking Adderall for a few days if I start to feel the build up/toxic side effects I was feeling originally when I started it.

TheEngineer
12-20-12, 01:35 PM
Holy crap! That's all I can say. Man that is a lot of Zoloft! Seeing as how 12.5 mg was a little too much for me. No offense or anything I was just thinking that the max they handed out was 75mg.

heylookacastle!
02-06-13, 04:59 PM
I know right?!? She titrated me up to 150 over the span off a month and I'm now addicted to the clonazapam she had to give me due to severe dysphoria caused by the Zoloft. Then after a month, I stop feeling pretty much everything and felt like a zombie for the last 3 years. (This was an improvement from the recluse I had become because of a severe case of OCD/crippling depression brought on by my pregnancy with my daughter and lasted for a year after her birth) I have been clean off Zoloft for two weeks and honestly feel like I'm losing my mind but I refuse to go back on it. Adderallxr isn't working because of withdrawals but I'm not giving up on it until I get the Zoloft out of my system. That sh*t should be banned because of the durastic changes it creates in your brain. Totally re-wires it and I've taking almost every kind of ssri and 1 snri but nothing as bad as Zoloft.... Well maybe Paxil. Lol yay ranting! Thanks for the comment hun!