View Full Version : Good news about my daughter, I want to share

SquarePeg
12-18-12, 04:03 AM
Well Iīve posted the bad news earlier re my car being towed away, which I really need to get over.

As lots of you know my 17 year old daughter started concerta around 6 weeks ago, still on 18mg. SHe has only just been diagnosed ADD and she doesnīt present a typical picture (like me).

She was doing well up until the age of around 11 then went downhill. I wonīt go into it all as I have posted here before but I did doubt the diagnosis somewhat especially as most of her teachers didnīt think she had anything wrong (other than being a moody, lazy, bad tempered teenager) and my sonīs educational psychologist spoke with her and started and evaluation but didnīt continue as she said she didnīt have it.

OK so she hasnīt passed many exams in the last 2-3 years. SHe has repeated 2 school years twice and her last school year she failed 8 subjects, studied through summer and retook them all and failed them all again (same marks). The ones she passed she only scraped by.

This term she has passed 10 subjects with high marks and failed 2 subjects (only just). Considering she has only been taking concerta for 6 weeks I am absolutely stunned and so is she, we were so happy yesteday.

She says that during her exams stuff just kept coming out and she was writing and writing but didnīt really know what she was writing, she though it was just rubbish coming and and she didnīt know where from, so she wasnīt hopeful at all.

She also hasnīt really put much effort into studying since starting meds as she was so depressed and school was just too much, she was at her limit. She has been getting 9 and 10s on tests as well this past couple of weeks. I am so happy although it has come too late to continue her current course of action and she has had to switch courses.

Sapphire11
12-18-12, 07:30 AM
Awesome this is a great start for her also having a supportive mum like you is a bonus, Im sure its only going to be great from here on in - great news !!! :yes:

Fuzzy12
12-18-12, 09:34 AM
That's brilliant!!! Congratulations and well done to both of you. I can imagine how happy and relieved she must be. Apart from the career benefits it must be good to know finally that with the help of meds she can do well.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

mcnay1
12-18-12, 09:40 AM
That's fantastic! Good for her!!! it's always so nice to hear of some success...thanks for sharing! :goodpost:

Lunacie
12-18-12, 09:41 AM
That's so great!

I only hope my 14 year old granddaughter doesn't have to fail all her
classes before she agrees to go back on meds. She's struggling.

LynneC
12-18-12, 10:37 AM
SquarePeg, that is wonderful news. :yes: What a great incentive for your daughter to continue with her studies!

Amtram
12-18-12, 01:42 PM
It's always wonderful to hear success stories! I hope things continue to improve!

mrs. dobbs
12-19-12, 10:40 AM
well done peg's daughter!!! and what a great compassionate supportive mom playing for the home team!