View Full Version : Migraine related disorientation and confusion mixed with adhd

sighduck
12-18-12, 12:43 PM
anyone else here experienced migraines with disorientation...

it seems to compound the effects of add severely, i can barely think straight enough to type here...

gemini-dreamer
12-18-12, 08:02 PM
anyone else here experienced migraines with disorientation...

it seems to compound the effects of add severely, i can barely think straight enough to type here...

Yep. I get so confused and disoriented I can hardly put a coherent sentence together sometimes.

Since I started taking 5HTP a few months ago, though, I haven't had one migraine. So thankful.

Spacemaster
12-18-12, 08:20 PM
The day of the migraine, after it passes, I'm just extremely exhausted. Too much to even notice my mental function.

The day after, sometimes even two days after, I'm horribly confused and foggy. My brain really doesn't work.

Lunacie
12-18-12, 09:07 PM
Shoot yeah.

When I have a bad migraine attack, I steady myself with my hand on a
wall when I walk or walk crooked. When I sit down, I land crooken in the
chair. When I lie down, it feels like the bed is slanted and I'm going to
slide right off.

Confusion too. Occasionally aphasia, which is forgetting the word you
were going to say/type. When that happens, I usually give up and go lie
down.

When I do try to talk to someone I speak too softly to be heard because
of the sound-sensitivity. When asked to repeat myself, I'm instantly angry
and shout. I don't get along well with pain.

Raye
01-07-13, 09:51 AM
Migraines are an awful thing to live with. I also become disoriented, can't get out of bed, don't understand when anyone in my house tries to talk to me.

the sensitivity to light, the puking & nausea......f****** yuk!:mad:

tudorose
01-07-13, 09:56 AM
DH get migraines and when he has one he acts as if he were adhd. He gets annoyed at not being able to think. He says it's worse for him coz he's used to being able to think wheras I am not :eyebrow:

sighduck
01-15-13, 03:15 PM
Migraines are an awful thing to live with. I also become disoriented, can't get out of bed, don't understand when anyone in my house tries to talk to me.

the sensitivity to light, the puking & nausea......f****** yuk!:mad:

I've never really experienced the nausea ...

the light sensitivity is also pretty bad for me though

i found rizaltriptan to deal with most of the symptoms, but it still leaves that residue confussion