View Full Version : Vyvanse approved in UK; forthcoming in several other EU countries

demuregeek
12-18-12, 07:53 PM
Good news for members in Europe -- it looks like Vyvanse will soon be available in several EU countries:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/12/18/us-shire-adhd-idUKBRE8BH0X820121218

(Vyvanse) was assessed under the European Union's decentralized approvals procedure, led by Britain's medicines watchdog. The application was supported by two European studies and clinical data from the United States.

Seven other EU countries - Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Norway, Spain and Sweden - participated, and they have agreed product labels. They will now issue their own national approvals, a process that takes up to three months, Shire said.

Shaneybo
12-30-12, 09:53 AM
I will check with my GP in Dublin to see if I can get it. That's quite positive.

Flory
12-30-12, 06:21 PM
yip, my pdoc said we might give it a trial in spring, though im pretty happy with my ir dex to be honest...if im going to trial a drug (and still have to pay script private fees in any case) it will be adderall

Flory
12-30-12, 06:22 PM
shaney, because of nice guidelines on adhd management you might be expected to try strattera before they trial you on an amphetamine based drug :(