View Full Version : I can't stop feeling good

Fuzzy12
12-20-12, 02:57 PM
:eek:

What is this? Is it hypomania? I don't feel particularly euphoric (well just a bit) but I'm just in such a good mood. It feels as if nothing bad can bother me right now.

I have every reason to be super depressed today, I've got too much work that I'm not able to do and am blissfully missing all my deadlines. It's pouring down. I've tried listening to sad music, which always depresses me, but no..not these days. This is the happiest December I've experienced in a decade.:eek:

I've started talking to myself out loud, mainly in the morning while getting ready. Does anyone else do that? Today, I spent hours having an absolutely nonsensical conversation with myself in French (well, broken French) and I randomly feel like dancing. Normally, I hate dancing. :faint:

Optimism is running uncharacteristically high as well. I still actually think, I can write that blasted paper in a day. How?? It's not possible..but who cares?? :lol:

I'm fasting today. I wonder if that's giving me a kick too. Usually by the end of the day I feel a bit tired when I'm fasting but not today. I'm wide awake, alert. I can actually sense that feeling of being awake in my eyes...err..can't explain it. I know it doesn't make sense. But I'm not talking crazy here..just feeling crazy. Well, insanely good. I could run a marathon. Inspite of the rain. But sadly I'm stuck in the office trying to work (and failing).

I feel overwhelmed with love and affection for everything and everyone. This always happens when I'm in a good mood. I'm not complaining. I love it (except for the blissfully missing my deadlines bit). I'm just a bit scared it won't last. I never does. But somehow even that thought doesn't bother me too much. :scratch:

SweetCode
12-20-12, 04:11 PM
Yep... probably mania at some level... yep , probably It won't last... yep I am felling really down today and I'm trying to grab you down here , hope it doesn't hit you too hard...

You want to feel down? just remember that being happy is what is wrong with you... Damm I fell like the Grinch ... I need to logoff before I get someone killed.

Good luck fuzzy , you're a good man.

Fuzzy12
12-20-12, 04:16 PM
Yep... probably mania at some level... yep , probably It won't last... yep I am felling really down today and I'm trying to grab you down here , hope it doesn't hit you too hard...

You want to feel down? just remember that being happy is what is wrong with you... Damm I fell like the Grinch ... I need to logoff before I get someone killed.

Good luck fuzzy , you're a good man.

I don't want to feel down. :eek: I was just experimenting with my emotions and excited and surprised about the fact that this high seems somewhat stable to my usual depressors :D

Wish I could pull you up here. :)

phantasm
12-21-12, 12:00 AM
Fuzzy - Enjoy feeling good!

Something came to mind as I was reading your post... I always know I am having PMS because I get really sentimental or I feel like writing a thank you card to a completely random person (like a celebrity) for making a positive impact in the world. Really random good overwhelming feelings of euphoria and appreciation. It could be part of my bipolar cycle, I don't know, but it happens every month.

If it feels good, go with it! :yes:

Zaashy
12-21-12, 05:25 AM
I looooovvvvveeeee talking to myself out loud and other people in my head , I have the best conversations.

sarahsweets
12-21-12, 05:33 AM
I say roll with it.

Zaashy
12-21-12, 06:09 AM
I'm in abit of mania myself, I just found out before I was born my grandmother commited suicide by lighting herself on fire.

Fuzzy12
12-21-12, 06:38 AM
Zaashy, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?? :(

I'm in abit of mania myself, I just found out before I was born my grandmother commited suicide by lighting herself on fire.

Zaashy
12-21-12, 06:54 AM
Zaashy, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?? :(

I never met her so I don't know. I'm pretty sure she had undiagnosed bipolar
Disorder. Being going through this alone with an unsupportive family it's
Finally refreshing to find a link between me and my disorder. Atleast I can give my mum closure on why her mum did it. Must remember my family grew up during apartheid so their was no proper medical treatment at the time.

Raye
12-21-12, 07:59 AM
Pass that on over this way, Fuzzy...he, he, he, just kidding. i actually feel pretty good myself today :D

ah enjoy it while it lasts......

daveddd
12-21-12, 08:13 AM
good moods can feel like a type of mania to me, because ive been depressed for so long

so they are rare

ADDinHDefgHi?!
12-21-12, 08:20 AM
I get hypomanic occasionally and I love it, I get more done in those periods than I ever do in my more stable moods. My best work is almost always the result of a hypomanic period, it's like weeks or months worth of creative ideas just pour out of me into a cohesive form, it feels like magic. I live for those moments.

Enjoy it while it lasts!