View Full Version : Seroquel, Good but not Great

saturday
12-24-12, 11:47 AM
Hello this is my first post however, Ive been reading threads here for about a year.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I was diagnosed with a mood disorder several years ago and went untreated until last year. I've been on three different mood stabilizers which I quit due to the side effects. Now Im on 300mg of Seroquel and it seems to be working well although its not perfect. <o:p></o:p>
The biggest issue Im having is that it makes me stupid. I have a difficult time speaking and completing sentences. I forget what Im thinking and my thoughts seem jumbled.<o:p></o:p>
The other problem which is more recent is that 300mg doesnt seem as effective as it use to be. It is wearing off faster. Im not sure if this is because I may be experiencing an episode, although muted. Or, possibly my body is just adjusting to the meds.<o:p></o:p>
I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience with Seroquel. Is it common to start needing more? Does Seroquel wear off?<o:p></o:p>

saturday
12-24-12, 01:33 PM
Also, when the Seroquel seems to be wearing off, the main feeling I experience is that of being anxious. Its not so much my moods that are beginning to be affected, but its my thinking. I still feel stable, but I do start to worry more and have more guilt like feelings.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
These feelings come shortly before I am to take my next dose. This is why I am questioning if I am either experiencing a mood change and will temporarily need a higher dose, or if my body is has adjusted to the meds and will permanently need a higher dose. <o:p></o:p>

saturday
01-10-13, 07:50 PM
Ive been at 600mg of Seroquel for about two weeks and overall Im still getting worse. Doesnt feel like the normal mood swings. Doesnt feel mood related at all actually, that is what is weird. I dont know how to judge my state of being because its not mood related, or doesnt feel like that at least.

I feel huge amounts of guilt. I feel spiritually doomed. Im affraid people are tracking me. I see signs in normal everyday things. Like titles of news articals online are coded and have a special meaning for me only.

I can talk about this things to one of my friends and that helps a lot. But I cant always be talking to someone about these. Im affraid Im going to have a break down at work and I will be fired. Im affraid people are going to find out that I am sick.

I know I need to go to my doctor again. Im just writing because it helps. It gets it out of my head. I just want to go to sleep.

BellaVita
01-10-13, 08:24 PM
Lots and lots of :grouphug: !!

This is the right place to do that, thanks for sharing your experience with us. My heart aches that you're going through so much. :(
You've got a good head on your shoulders to be able to do what you do. I can't even fathom what it must be like. I'm just standing here like an odd-ball in awe of you as a human being. It takes one(you) with great strength and endurance to walk in your shoes, no doubt about that!

What you do is admirable beyond words.

Hang in there. Know that you always have us at ADDF! We wanna be there for ya!