View Full Version : Pharmacologic and Biomedical Treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorders

Amtram
01-05-13, 11:09 PM
Sorry, no synopsis, listening to this right now in another tab, and it seemed interesting. All the other videos in the series have had great information.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZvGafDII2eU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ConcertaParent
05-04-13, 10:23 PM
Since the ADHD drugs have failed, I've been looking into the biomedical alternatives such as the "Defeat Autism Now!" (DAN) naturopaths. This is what the UC Mind Institute executive director said in the above video:

"Somebody said, 'You should go to a DAN meeting.' Everybody at The Mind Institute said, 'No, don't go to a DAN meeting. You will ruin your reputation, you will ruin our reputation. Those people don't do good science. It's not a place to go.'
But I thought, 'The parents told me that I should keep an open mind and I should go.' And I went to a DAN meeting, and after a few hours, I left. I said, 'There's no science here. How can they be saying what they're saying?' " :(

Amtram
05-05-13, 11:39 AM
DAN really does have no science behind it, and advocates not only some ineffective treatments, but some potentially deadly ones, as well.

If they suggest chelation therapy, run away as fast as you can.

Preferably before you've paid them a ton of money, because this is very expensive, especially for the success rate.