View Full Version : Seriously, normal people are messed up!

gorebs
01-10-13, 04:06 AM
Ok. Maybe I'm just jealous. :)

The last couple of weeks, I've been so ****** off. Mainly because I'm going to school this semester and have had a heck of a time getting my financial aid and stuff together. They take into account my schooling from going to college 7 years ago...7 years! I wasn't medicated back then at all, so I was basically having panic attacks and being depressed. That led to me dropping out of college. They didn't count the classes as withdrawals, so now my GPA is under a 1.0. That's terrible in case you were wondering.

Anyways, I'm off topic a little. Do you ever get jealous of people's willingness to ignore the atrocities of this world? It's like people would rather talk about Jersey Shore reruns than school shootings or hate crimes. And if you bring them up, you're weird. Really? Even if the general media is feeding us with negative information because it sells, it's still depressing. Just hearing about one kid getting shot sends me into a spiral of emotions.

I don't know. I've been described as soft hearted, too sensitive, lack of testicular fortitude. You name it. It beats being a mindless zombie who eats, craps, sleeps, and eventually dies. I get sad because of empathy and, then I get angry because I can't do a thing about it. You can't bring people back, nor can you take away a loved one's family's pain.

:(

sarahsweets
01-10-13, 07:02 AM
Its sad when there is no empathy.

Fuzzy12
01-10-13, 07:24 AM
I wonder sometimes how people can be so self absorbed. I have a problem with over empathy. If someone is hurting, it hurts me. If someone might be hurting, it hurts me too. I can read the news but hubby won't let me watch them because I more often than not end up bawling. It doesn't even have to be real. I over empathise with fictional characters as well. Just the notion that humans can hurt upsets me. I guess, if I could cope with the boredom of atching Jersey Shore, it would make me cry as well. :lol:

The problem is my kind of empathy is useless. I don't turn it into anything productive. It doesn't actually make me help anyone, it just makes me hurt. What's the point of that?? In fact, it's counter productive. When things go wrong I'm so busy hurting, I'm of no use to anyone. :(

I think, people with bipolar in general have a tendency to react strongly to any given trigger. Maybe normal people have some kind of mechanism that lets them be more detached or that buffers strong feelings. I get over excited about really tiny little things that others wouldn't even notice but my mood can also switch from being over excited to suicidal ideation in a fraction of second with the tiniest of triggers.

I don't think it's normal people that are messed up in general. I think, I'm the one that's messed up.

I do agree though, a lot of people could do with being a bit more empathetic.

tudorose
01-10-13, 07:34 AM
The problem is my kind of empathy is useless. I don't turn it into anything productive. It doesn't actually make me help anyone, it just makes me hurt. What's the point of that?? In fact, it's counter productive. When things go wrong I'm so busy hurting, I'm of no use to anyone. :(

Could be worse. You could be like me and try to save the world. I'm actually getting help to deal with that this year. One of my bosses and I have put some strategies in place to keep me out of all the drama that everyone else tries to drag me into.

gorebs
01-10-13, 07:46 AM
I'm right there with you Fuzzy.

"That is terrible, somebody should do something about that!"

I've been up all night worrying about protecting my wife and daughter, since I watched a documentary about a brutal murder 3 hours from my house. This is after I banned myself from anything negative from the media for a year. Suddenly, Jersey Shore is looking mighty nice. lol.

Oh, and do NOT watch Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father on Netflix. I tried to act tough in front of my wife, but I ended up balling like a baby. It's based on a real story and dammit, people can be so evil.

sarek
01-10-13, 07:47 AM
Saving the world is what I would want to be doing too. I am still open for any suggestions about where to start, bearing in mind my rather pathetic skill set.

Yes, normal people are really messed up. Its beyond me how anyone can see unfolding what is going on all around them, and just carry on with their own matter oriented lives as if nothing is happening. That makes me want to scream, wake up! Wake up you fools!

gorebs
01-10-13, 07:52 AM
Ya know Sarek, it really makes you wonder who the sane one actually is. Living in a fake reality sounds pretty mental to me.