View Full Version : ADHD-I + OCD + Depression = meds?

kimical
01-10-13, 04:19 PM
I have OCD, ADHD and depression and my prescriptions have been like playing whack a mole. I took anti depressants which made my anxiety worse, I've taken ADHD medication which made my OCD worse. Now I'm on an anti depressant which has made my depression go away but now my ADHD is worse. I was wondering if anyone has similar issues with medication.

I have an appointment on the 22nd to see if I can take something for ADHD again :) I am interested and am wondering if Adderall is better than Vyvanse for someone with OCD.

mrs. dobbs
01-10-13, 04:30 PM
No info on ADD meds... but...

I have ADD, OCD, Depression, etc. Have you tried Lamictal? It helped my OCD and ADD and Depression. Problem was that it made me really blank and I couldn't remember things and I procrastinated more.

kimical
01-11-13, 08:00 AM
No, I've never heard of it, I'm interested. My medication right now makes me calm which is good but I feel spacey at times.

kimical
01-26-13, 01:19 PM
He put me back on Vyvanse. I like it a lot more after being on an anti depressant. It takes away the spacey feeling away that I feel while on remeron.

silivrentoliel
01-26-13, 01:37 PM
have you tried meds for all 3 at the same time?

kimical
01-30-13, 03:22 PM
have you tried meds for all 3 at the same time?
My pdoc says the Remeron is supposed to help OCD symptoms which is does, and it helps with depression. Vyvanse worsens OCD but I think Remeron kind of counteracts that so all three things are being helped by just the two medications. For now anyway. I'm having a little trouble sleeping but I think that will go away once my body gets used to Vyvanse.

silivrentoliel
01-30-13, 03:23 PM
I'm having a little trouble sleeping but I think that will go away once my body gets used to Vyvanse.
if it does, you're lucky. my insomnia has gotten *worse* w/ Vyvanse.

kimical
01-31-13, 03:59 PM
Yeah, the first time I was on it that happened. :( Although I had insomnia pretty bad before Vyvanse too. I am on a very low dose so I hope it does goes away.

silivrentoliel
01-31-13, 04:08 PM
Yeah, the first time I was on it that happened. :( Although I had insomnia pretty bad before Vyvanse too. I am on a very low dose so I hope it does goes away.

I've pulled 72hrs w/o sleep before both unmedicated and medicated on a methlyphenidate... I haven't attempted it since on Vyvanse, but I do tend to let myself get so run down and sleep a LOT less now... though I now actually crash and sleep. That's never happened before.

dvdnvwls
01-31-13, 04:47 PM
Serious lack of sleep (i.e. letting yourself get run down) makes Vyvanse work very badly or not at all, in my experience.

dasikins
02-18-13, 07:32 PM
How's it working?

kimical
03-22-13, 10:37 AM
Sorry I didn't read this until just now, everything is working great so far! I've read remeron has a quick poop out, although so far it hasn't done that yet, hopefully it won't do that any time soon.