01-11-13, 06:54 AM
two cups frozen kebab meat
one cup frozen spinach
onions
garlic
lemons
two tablespoons cream cheese

lol i'm so hungry, this is all i have

well, i have hummus fixins and rice too.

mrs. dobbs
01-11-13, 10:23 AM
Ugh I ate too much hummus. I made kebab fried rice with parsley. Left the spinach for another time. I'm no Iron Chef.

Next challenge: Carrots

Winner gets a unique piece of art from me.

Fuzzy12
01-11-13, 10:29 AM
My favourite quick fix (apart from eating crap):

Boil frozen vegetables and canned beans, add some spices (if you like spice: I usually just add chilli powder and turmeric) and voila, you've got a healthy, reasonably nutritious soup ready in a few minutes!!

Strangely, apart from me no one seems to like it much. :o

mrs. dobbs
01-11-13, 11:35 AM
I got:

More chickpeas
Frozen vegetables
Rice
Spices-- lots of em

It's what's for dinner (well now it is...)

P.s. what spices do you use??

Hook it up and you get a free original artwork in digital format by me. I'll even do a portrait if you have a pic.

Fuzzy12
01-11-13, 11:42 AM
I got:

More chickpeas
Frozen vegetables
Rice
Spices-- lots of em

It's what's for dinner (well now it is...)

P.s. what spices do you use??

Hook it up and you get a free original artwork in digital format by me. I'll even do a portrait if you have a pic.

It depends. If I'm making the dish above, I just use chilli powder and lots of turmeric. The turmeric works like a thickener and it's super healthy but most people wouldn't like the amounts I use (it's a bit bitter).

If I cook for my husband or others, I use the usual Indian spices, i.e. coriander powder, cumin, turmeric and garam masala (which I think has coriander powder, chilli powder, ground cumin, ground dried mango powder, etc. Not sure and my internet explorer is acting up, so I can't check) or South Indian spice mixes (which my mom/in-laws give me).

What do you mean by "hook it up"? :scratch:

mrs. dobbs
01-11-13, 11:50 AM
I love turmeric, it's a fantastic anti inflammatory. Don't worry I have the spices you speak of. I keep alot of spices for my ADD palate.

'Hook it up' meant 'give me the info that makes a delicious dish.'

Fuzzy12
01-11-13, 11:55 AM
I love turmeric, it's a fantastic anti inflammatory. Don't worry I have the spices you speak of. I keep alot of spices for my ADD palate.

'Hook it up' meant 'give me the info that makes a delicious dish.'

I'm not a good cook, so I'm not sure about delicious. These are the basic spices used in Indian cooking though, so it's probably not too bad. :D

(Fresh coriander works a treat as well!!!)

((Try and add the turmeric at the end or towards the end. Apparently cooking destroys some of its good properties))

stef
01-11-13, 12:15 PM
oh these are some good ideas! I like the spinach/chicken/rice idea.
I really need to branch out...
for sunday I was thinking of chicken couscous made up of frozen chicken breast, frozen vegetables for couscous and instant couscous grains...
if you simmer it nicely & add a pack of spices -there is a brand that makes a little package for chili, tajine, couscous, curry etc - it's practically homemade!

I don't like to cook but I love home cooked food, you see my dilemma...

mrs. dobbs
01-11-13, 12:25 PM
girl, that sounds good... and i used to like to boil my couscous with veggie bullion cubes but i'd much rather have one of those spice packets. oh and i've mentioned before i love eating couscous with peanut sauce chicken, it goes so very well.

i see your dilemma, lol. i'm not a good cook but i love to cook, you see my dilemma.
speaking of tagine, i'd love to have one of those tagine pots. have you tried one?

mrs. dobbs
01-11-13, 12:27 PM
and has anyone tried savory sweet potatoes? i make mine with garlic and red pepper and butter. i don't like the sweet kind.

stef
01-11-13, 12:31 PM
is there any easy recipe for peanut spice chicken???

mrs. dobbs
01-11-13, 02:21 PM
I will post one here as soon as I figure out the easiest way to do it, ok? Innovation and convenience!!

SquarePeg
01-11-13, 04:36 PM
You reminded me to by a tagine, though Ive never used one. There is a Moroccan shop near where I work and they have them there. How do I used one?

mrs. dobbs
01-11-13, 05:14 PM
I got no idea Peg, all I know is that it's like a clay slow cooker. I've only eaten from them a couple of times!

mrs. dobbs
01-12-13, 02:18 PM
Ok, Fuzzy isn't here right now, but I did throw box (soaked) chickpeas, frozen veggie mix into some home made chicken broth with garam masala mix and cream. S' real good. It's not veg, but hey.

I sauteed some frozen diced onion in butter first, then boiled a big piece of chicken in that for an hour with flake salt. Took out the chicken, took the meat off the bone.

Then at the end I threw in the garam masala mix (it's got more than just garam masala, it's a whole sauce), chickpeas and veggies, let it boil a little. Then took it off the heat, added a bit of vinegar, sugar and cream and put the chicken meat back in. Served over basmati rice in a bowl.

FogNoggin
01-12-13, 04:52 PM
two cups frozen kebab meat
one cup frozen spinach
onions
garlic
lemons
two tablespoons cream cheese

That actually sounds pretty good, mix that up, wrap it up in a pita or soft tortilla wrap, and then drool liberally all over it.

mrs. dobbs
01-17-13, 03:52 AM
yes actually that would have been quite delicious wrapped in bread!! cream cheese i dunno but yoghurt, yeah.

lentils

here is a thing i made, lentil croquettes

soaked yellow lentils
green chiles
cumin
onion or shallots, sauteed
garlic, sauteed
sea salt
soaked fenugreek optional

puree all that into a paste
make patties, coat with flour or panko flakes
deep fry