View Full Version : Reaching spiritual critical mass

mrs. dobbs
01-13-13, 02:54 AM
What does it take for you to have a breakthrough?

I am abandoned. SO I am in a 'vision quest' phase of my life right now. A time where I am forced to be self-reliant and navigate without other human support. I am in places I don't recognize. I am trying to stay centered, I am having a test of faith and character. I am terrified, I am feeling like I cannot do, my mind is cracking apart... but not in the psychosis way... but everything I've relied on internally is falling away. I am having moral crises, secrets, hard decisions... it's a time where I can't rely on the mundane world.

I have to learn to accept the time where there's no one else to rely on. Where I am out on my own completely. Where I do not belong, and no one can see what I see. I have to walk alone right now, holding my baby. I have to stand alone in my mind, and commune in my spirit, be what I am, find out what I am again. I have to see, sense, dream, be willing to die and totally submit. It's painful, it hurts, it's scary, but I know something good will come of it.

meadd823
01-13-13, 07:19 AM
Ahh the void - spent a lot of time there.

All life rides upon the back of death which is why the pagan new years begins Samhian the great culling in preparation of winter - Death of what you were is required so you can become!

RedHairedWitch
01-13-13, 03:52 PM
Well, what works for me is to head out into the woods, get naked, and dance.

mrs. dobbs
01-14-13, 04:14 AM
Yes, the void... and in the wilderness... in the dark... shadows, illusions, things scaring me. People in my life don't live in this world, but my spiritual committee does. I don't know what I'm being taught yet.

A naked dance in the woods sounds like the person I'll be after this. The person I am now is cowering and doesn't even go outside. She tells herself "it's below zero outside, you'll get arrested, you'll get committed, a moose hunter will shoot you." That's not someone who is alive, is it?

meadd823
02-01-13, 05:15 AM
She tells herself "it's below zero outside, you'll get arrested, you'll get committed, a moose hunter will shoot you." That's not someone who is alive, is it?

Is below zero?

Would you be trespassing if you went into the woods?

Is it Moose season?

I have had the voices of the ancient spirits lead me to do some pretty strange things that only made sense in retrospect but never have I been told by any spirit guide to do any thing flat out stupid or dangerous.

Why judge your current state of being?

Fear is natural.

The fist thing I learned was that how I felt wasn't good or bad it simply was - I was judging my feeling according to what I thought I should have could have or would have - It took a while in the void to teach me there is productive and destructive forces but both are necessary parts of life. There is no way you should feel this is not to say there aren't feeling you find undesirable or unpleasant

One of the things I was given to do and you may find it helpful

I was told to refrain from labeling categorizing or in any way judging my feelings or emotions. This didn't mean I reacted to my emotions or feeling but when I felt happy sad or depressed I was to simply let the emotion pass through me without assigning any sort of judgement.

I started out with fifteen minutes, then an hour ect ect I was to work up to a full day. It is much easier said than done.

Our heads have been so filled with what we should feel or how we should think that when this is challenged with the truth {what we should be we already are} This notion of unbiased emotions just being can be momentarily disconcerting. The exercise helped to open the door of self acceptance. It freed me from the shackles I placed upon my self without even realizing it.

CaptainADD
02-01-13, 11:53 AM
but everything I've relied on internally is falling away. I am having moral crises, secrets, hard decisions...

These moral crises, are you referring to situations in your life in which the difference between right and wrong are not clear or are they situations in which you find doing the right thing is difficult?

Bluerose
02-07-13, 03:36 AM
I have to stand alone in my mind, and commune in my spirit, be what I am, find out what I am again. I have to see, sense, dream, be willing to die and totally submit. It's painful, it hurts, it's scary, but I know something good will come of it.

It's called Surrender. Eventually, everyone on a personal and spiritual journey must surrender. It's also very self-empowering.

It's more about what we take off or lay down and walk away from than it is about what we take on.

:)

dvdnvwls
02-07-13, 04:22 AM
it's a time where I can't rely on the mundane world.
The mundane world has not got the message that you're not relying on it. It noticed that you still open your eyes expecting the world to be there, it noticed that you still hold your baby the same way you did yesterday, noticed that you remembered which way the sky is. Illusions were always there, always visible, always telling stories - you were just watching something else more closely before, so that you kind of forgot to notice the illusions that keep us all company all the time. Love and kindness are invisible, even though sometimes they have visible packaging. Don't be distracted when the packaging moves around - it's the invisible contents that count.