View Full Version : On cipralex... what to expect?

evilfeline007
01-17-13, 11:09 PM
Well... it took me a year but I finally been diagnosed with ADHD-inattentive type and generalised anxiety disorder.

I've been given a prescription of cipralex (aka escitalopram, an SSRI). The theory is that managing the anxiety will improve my attention.

If it doesn't improve, the doc will switch me to a stimulant (i.e. adderall).

Any thoughts?

hollywood
01-18-13, 11:21 PM
Your adhd but not on stimulant .. Weird . How is lexapro

evilfeline007
01-20-13, 12:20 AM
Yea, I know eh?
He said he wanted to get my anxiety under control before he tried any stimulants (I have GAD).
Even though I've lived with my anxiety under control for years, he was worried adhd meds would make it worse. He also thought that my anxiety to contribute to the lack of functionality I have and if it improves with the escitalopram I may not need a stimulant.
If my functionality doesn't improve, he will put me on adderall XR in 6 weeks.

I've only taken it for a few days but the only side-effect I'm worried about is the drowsiness.

hollywood
01-20-13, 02:00 AM
Oh so lexapro makes you tired as well too eh

BellaVita
01-20-13, 02:06 AM
Best of luck with the Lexapro!
I know it made my ADHD medication work better for me, since the anxiety (I also sometimes get a sort of depression) was taken care of.
It(Lexapro) makes me full of energy, for some reason.

And things should get better with time, for me it took about 6 weeks to get optimal effects. :)

hollywood
01-23-13, 12:42 AM
What time do you take it

evilfeline007
02-03-13, 11:52 PM
I was taking it in the am but it made me super tired so I switched to nights. I've been on it for 3 weeks now and it's doing wonders for my anxiety but it's making my add waaaay worse. I have predominantly inattentive type but the Escitalopram makes me super uber restless to the point that I have to leave class because I can't take sitting still for 3 hrs. Meanwhile I'm in a super brain fog. I don't have another appt til march :(