View Full Version : Does Effexor XR affect your Adderall?

_Madderall
01-18-13, 01:56 AM
I think it's making me more tired during the day, but I cannot ascertain this for sure. If I take this medication before bed will it cause weight gain?

chsguy88
01-26-13, 04:36 PM
I normally take my Effexor XR in the morning with my Dexedrine & Vyvanse, which is basically the same as adderall. I do feel like at first it did make me drowsy, now I feel like I'm used to it though and it doesnt anymore. If you feel like it's making you tired though, try switching to taking it at night.... just that first day you transition may be kind of hard bc effexor xr has an extremely short half life and you can get withdrawal symptoms after missing just one dose.... so maybe like take it in the morning of day 1 like your used to, then the afternoon of day 2, then before bed/evening of day 3... (hope that made some sort of sense lol)

About it causing weight gain being taken at night, if its not causing weight gain during the day it shouldn't if taken at night. Also, through research and personal experience with it.... Effexor causes weight loss in more people than weight gain.

starry
01-26-13, 05:25 PM
Effexor made me both wired and tired at the same time. It was a horrible experience and I quit taking it by the end of the 1st week.