View Full Version : That akward moment when...

GeordieDave
01-21-13, 07:44 AM
Thought I'd start this thread is it's a common thing for all of us.

Just had an akward moment. I work in a call center and sometimes it is hard to tell if it's a male or female on the other end of the call.

I got a new customer through this morning so I had no details on my screen. I honestly thought it was a young female on the phone. sounded like one anyways. so we got chatting, I managed to persuade 'her' into buying a new package etc...

so I closed the sale and started taking 'her details... First question I ask is for their title. "Is it Miss, Mrs, or Ms?" I get a reply saying "It's Mr actually. Then the akward silence.

so there you have it I shall start it.

the akward moment when... You think your speaking to a female on the phone but infact you're speaking to a male.

Flory
01-21-13, 07:48 AM
you are staying at a guys house for th first time and you have to explain the pharmacy in your handbag :p...a long conversation ensues followed by ' ahh i knew you were a bit different...it's pretty cute' ...not sure whether thats a good thing or not :/

tudorose
01-21-13, 07:55 AM
Worst awkward moment I ever had was asking a customer who had been pregnant whether she'd had a boy or a girl. Turns out the baby was stillborn. I felt so awful and all of us behind the counter ended up crying coz we felt so bad for her. I've never asked that question to anyone every again.

Electra2
02-04-13, 03:19 AM
I usually block out the emberresment but I'll see if I can drag one out of my head anyway.
Naw,you've prbably heard it before.
Oh well,whatever.
I asked this woman if the woman next to her was her daughter,and it was actually her sister.She wanted to knock me down then :doh:

Another time I said good weekend on a monday.

erh...*think think think*

I once upon a time called some online caring support ppl to help me out with a linux installation gone very wrong and it turned out they worked for windows :rolleyes:

you are stressed and too late for a dance lesson and you can't find which room it is in,
and you hear music and think "aha!!" but you can't open the door and so you push and crash against it so hard that you actually "fly" through it while cursing and it turns out to be a religious instrumental music gathering :eek:..."eerh...hey everybody...":o

You are in the middel of a kata practise and you space out and go your own way and don't notice until it's finished

starry
02-04-13, 04:27 AM
that awkward moment when you're sitting by the river on a summer night with your friends and chatting away and you all see a heavy set night swimmer get out of the water, so you giggle and make jokes about the "river monster" and one of your friends doesn't find it funny at all and says "Easy now! That's my dad."

Oops!

sarahsweets
02-04-13, 05:10 AM
That awkward moment when you fart in your living room and the power goes out in New Orleans during the superbowl...

GeordieDave
02-04-13, 05:21 AM
Damn I forgot to watch the superbowl :( Fell a sleep at 11pm uk time :(

mrs. dobbs
02-04-13, 05:41 AM
that awkward moment when you fart in your living room and the power goes out in new orleans during the superbowl...

_ lol _

GeordieDave
02-04-13, 06:47 AM
Hold on... The same happened to a football game in England. Fulham vs Manchester United. all the lights shut off and they do not know why... Coinsidence?

sarahsweets
02-04-13, 06:51 AM
Hold on... The same happened to a football game in England. Fulham vs Manchester United. all the lights shut off and they do not know why... Coinsidence?

Nope....Im just that talented. ;):giggle:

Mr Digital 01
02-04-13, 07:35 AM
That awkward moment when you post to a thread called Are you going to "watch" the Superbowl? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139360) on Add Forums
with what you thinks is a brilliant witticism...

"Never seen one... Are Superb Owls native to America?"

... And all you can hear is the deafening sound of crickets.

SquarePeg
02-04-13, 09:58 AM
Ha ha, I was once talking on the telephone to a bank which is notorious for using computer automated voices. I was convinced that I wasn´t talking to a real person so I asked "are you a robot", the person was not amused.

I tried to make up for that one by calling a bank that promised to be available 24 hours per day365 days per year, including xmas day. I called up on Christmas day, got through to someone and said, I just wanted to check that you were really working and tell you sorry that it must suck working on Christmas day and I hope you have a very happy christmas and new year. She was very appreciative, laughed and had a little chat.

GeordieDave
02-04-13, 10:04 AM
Ha ha, I was once talking on the telephone to a bank which is notorious for using computer automated voices. I was convinced that I wasn´t talking to a real person so I asked "are you a robot", the person was not amused.

Haha! You have no idea how many times people say that to me every week!

I just reply with "Maybe, depends which one of my buttons you press!" In an amusing tone ofc.

Daydreamin22
09-05-13, 01:51 AM
you ask someone where a classroom is and then you have to walk the same way as them.

someothertime
09-05-13, 03:40 AM
I work with a blokey girl... When I talk to her I find myself calling her "dude" all the time!!!

Daydreamin22
09-05-13, 08:06 AM
you're late for work on your first day. OOOOOOhh

Daydreamin22
09-05-13, 08:06 AM
don't worry i'm not

Daydreamin22
09-05-13, 06:06 PM
You're the only one.