View Full Version : Detachment from everybody

reflection08
01-22-13, 01:06 PM
Hi. I haven't been on here in a long time because I had to quit taking my add meds because of a heart condition that was discovered only because I had to see my doctor every 4 weeks while I was taking the adderall. Anyway, I'm now taking beta blockers and Xanax for sleep and anxiety. Point is that I'm feeling completely detached from everybody, my kids and husband. Would the Xanax make that feeling to away or would Wellbutrin be better. I have some that my gyn gave me to quit smoking but I never really took it. I hate feeling this way and I really the the Xanax to sleep so I don't want to waste it so I don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated. :-)

saturday
01-22-13, 01:18 PM
I'm not a huge fan of using xanax for a sleep aid because of its addictive properties. Plus, in my expirience, it seemed that I eventually needed more and more for the same effect. Beta blockers are good for generalized anxiety, but as far as a sleep aid, the drousiness effect wont last long. Your body will get used to them and you wont get tired any more.

Another warning about beta blockers, taking them can increase your risk of developing diabetes.

I dont know what to say about feeling detachted from everyone. Are you starting into a depression? Apathy can be a sign of depression. If that is the case with you I would lean more toward welbutrin, for sure.

Maybe have a chat with your doc about your symptoms and see what she thinks.

sarahsweets
01-22-13, 02:47 PM
I think xanax can cause those issues.

kimical
01-31-13, 04:00 PM
when I took wellbutrin xl I got depersonalization/derealization pretty bad.

MellyFishButt
01-31-13, 05:03 PM
Xanax actually depresses me. So I don't think it would help you attach unless you have social anxiety. And I would prefer something long term like an SSRI.

dasikins
02-18-13, 07:30 PM
Yah it mellows me and I become anti social. It's also as they mentioned addicting. Wellbutrin has helped many w this, but everyone reacts differently.