View Full Version : is this a nervous tic?

ChasingRainbowz
01-22-13, 08:07 PM
When i'm in a social situation I get very anxious and nervous if I don't know the person. This sounds really odd and probably kinda funny but I'm constantly wiping my nose with my hand?

Stevuke79
01-24-13, 01:28 AM
That is kinda funny; more funny than odd i think. It sounds like a bit of a nervous habit. (But what do i know) I've been slowly warming up to the idea lately that I have a lot of nervous habits,, even some kind of odd tics. I find it kind of hard to be comfortable with it.

GeordieDave
01-24-13, 06:23 AM
I have a nervous tic where I keep sniffling! It's really embarrassing sometimes. People look at me like if I am a coke addict (which I am not)

mrs. dobbs
01-25-13, 03:58 PM
I knew a mother and son who were nervous fake yawners. Also, someone who did fart noises with his mouth. :)

Flowerpot2005
02-03-13, 12:05 PM
I have a nervous tic where I keep sniffling! It's really embarrassing sometimes. People look at me like if I am a coke addict (which I am not)

My 7 year old daughter does this. It has only just become noticeable to me. The school noticed it a few months ago. It has gotten progressively worse over the last few weeks. She also has a twitch and facial grimacing that accompanies it.

I have been reading about it and found an article that says it usually goes away in early teenage or adult hood. Would you mind if I asked how old you?

I can't imagine how you feel, but I know that I feel for my daughter and the judgements people will make about her as she grows up, and that's bad enough.

All I can say is that those who judge you aren't worth your time! You know you're not a coke head and that's all that matters... Stay strong