View Full Version : Thyroid meds: jesus I screwed them up...

mrs. dobbs
01-31-13, 02:19 PM
what have I done? I'm in some weird place where I can't take none or I won't wake up, but if I take even a little I'm completely nuts.

dvdnvwls
01-31-13, 02:40 PM
When was your last thyroid test?

Don't most thyroid patients stay on a stable dose for a long time?

mrs. dobbs
01-31-13, 03:24 PM
I took a test yesterday. I have been on 50mcg since July, after I gave birth.

But I'd not taken my meds for one day prior (not supposed to do this) & the morning of the test (as instructed). So uncertain about the results.

Additionally I didn't take the meds yesterday and took only half today-- because I actually felt a bit better without it. Just the half has made me feel really janky.

SquarePeg
01-31-13, 04:50 PM
what are you on? Iīm on 100mcg eutorix but forget to take it all the time. I came home and found it on the counter. Sometimes I take two when I forget. I donīt feel any different short term but start to notice if I run out after a few weeks.

mrs. dobbs
01-31-13, 04:52 PM
Levaxin (Swedish) first, then Levothroid (US)-- I was on 150 during pregnancy... went down to 50 (my before pregnancy rx) after. I'm feeling so wonky on it now... I have no idea why.

My mom and sister do not take their thyroid meds every day either, lol. If I don't take it I notice right away.

SquarePeg
01-31-13, 05:00 PM
Maybe it was something else, was it a fasting blood test, maybe you got a little hypoglycemic

mrs. dobbs
01-31-13, 05:45 PM
Twas a thyroid test only... I dunno. It could be the brand of medication.

One has lactose in it, which makes me moody... and the other was a possible dud by Forest Pharmeceuticals who made subpotent thyroid pills last year. I was taking the Forest ones last... I have no idea.

Or it could be that my cortisol levels changed since I've been sleep deprived for so long.

Arei
02-01-13, 02:39 PM
Maybe your body adapted to the 150 and now 50 is not enough even after pregnancy? I've wondered about that whenever I want to have kids.

I've taken 50 mcg for 3 and a half years now, and now it takes like a week and a half of not taking it before I start to get so tired I can't do much :X That is really strange.

SquarePeg
02-01-13, 03:41 PM
Were you ever taking cytomel by Forest Pharms as these are totally different to synthetic ones.

mrs. dobbs
02-01-13, 03:48 PM
Arei: That's a good point. I didn't get tested after my pregnancy at all. They just guessed to should go back to the same dose prescribed before. I could have gotten post partum thyroiditis or something.

Peg: No... I wasn't taking Cytomel-- isn't that natural t3? But you know what? I could be needing t3 instead of t4. Good point too.

I am feeling really shaky and ill now. Maybe I have the flu.

SquarePeg
02-01-13, 03:52 PM
I take 100mcg T4 and 12mcg T3. I seem to do a lot better with that little boost. T4 only works if your body can convert it into T3. The body canīt use T4 without converting it, so T3 can help some people. How are you today?

mrs. dobbs
02-01-13, 05:42 PM
Well, the thing is that I feel less anxious and more positive off of the T4. I have some natural porcine thyroid I can take that has both, but I am going to wait to get my test results Tuesday.

How am I? I feel achy and shaky and out of it. Yet, oddly less depressed and I'm thinking more clearly. I actually went out today and only thought someone was going to kill me one time :)

SquarePeg
02-01-13, 08:45 PM
I had the procine ones, Armour Thyroid but didnīt do as well on them as synthetic ones plus a little T3.

Keep us updated, i hope you feel better soon.

Electra2
02-01-13, 09:02 PM
Yes I hope you get better soon Mrs.Dobbs!!

I din't know that there was several thyroid options.
I just read somewhere some time that there where two kinds,
but I think I read it before I started on ritalin,so it slipped me by.
I use Levaxin too.I can quicly notice if I take too much of it,it feels uncomfortable.
I think you should get regular checks,thats what they told me to do,anyway.

mrs. dobbs
02-02-13, 01:18 PM
:grouphug: Thanks guys :)