View Full Version : Treatment effectiveness

Mtntrekker
01-31-13, 09:25 PM
Hi,
I'm a special education teacher who is working toward a degree in School Psychology. In my years as a teacher, one of the aspects of my job that has interested me most is finding ways to reach students struggling in the classroom with AD/HD.

I'm currently doing a research project on the effectiveness of various treatments for AD/HD symptoms. As part of this project, I need to collect data. I would be very thankful if I could get some responses to a survey at Surveymonkey. No identifying personal data will be collected. The survey shouldn't take too long to complete. It can be found at

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5RVTQK5

I hope it's OK that I post this here; if I'm out of line, please tell me!

Thanks for your help.

Mtntrekker
02-18-13, 06:40 PM
Thank you very much to everyone who has taken part in the survey. Throughout my teaching career, I've tried hard to reach every student in my class. I know those students with AD/HD suffer in several ways, and it's my hope that the information I learn from this survey will help me, and other teachers, reach out to families and help students with AD/HD in the classroom.
The survey will be available for a few more weeks. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

dresser
02-19-13, 09:39 PM
for me!! you could start by changing the name I do not believe in Darwins theory of evolution. the danger of this sort of situation is that the questions of youre survay would/could be self serving. It could be more to the point if you could live with some ad/hd
ppl and let them ask you questions e.g. in trying to read this leson my mind is scatterd this is happening,that is happening, I cannot get it now what do I do. I have to hand this in first class in the morning ? It could lead to the correct typs of questions after listening.& discussing therre and then. I take offence to the title of you survay and in my eyes the Implication, for me = SURVAY MONKEY would offend nd demeen anyone. I done well.

Mtntrekker
02-24-13, 07:05 PM
I'm very sorry you took offense to my survey. The Survey Monkey website is a well known site for making surveys. I'm sure no offense was meant in the choosing of the name, and there is certainly no connection between the name, Survey Monkey, and my survey. It's just that the site/tool was available and I'm using it.

As for the survey, I think the questions are valid and pretty simple. All I want to know at this point is: did you do anything about treating the symptoms for AD/HD and how effective was it?

The survey is for a class I'm taking, but it goes deeper than that. I've been a teacher of students with disabilities for many years and my heart goes out to those students that have difficulty learning in traditional environments. Yes, the environments need changing, too. I understand that. But if there is some information I can offer kids and their families, I really want to be able to do that.

I agree with the point that a lot could be learned by living with and questioning people with AD/HD, and asking them what is going on inside when they are trying to learn something. In fact, I think that's a very good idea for a future study. I would very much like to have those kinds of questions answered. Believe me, I've been teaching students with AD/HD for many, many years, and I ALWAYS ask myself, before a lesson, how it's going to go with students with attention difficulties. I work very hard to structure the time with my students so as to reach ALL of them.

Please understand that my intentions are only good. There is only so much that one study can find out.

But now I'm in a bind. I really hate to offend. But, please, complete my survey if you have a chance. My grade in this class depends on getting a certain number of respondents within the next week or so.

So, please, take a moment and complete the survey:

Thanks, and thank you for replying to my post.