View Full Version : Custom Controller

Pamplemousse
02-02-13, 11:02 PM
This is a custom controller I did. My brother bought a new controller because this one was sticky, so I took it apart, cleaned it and thought "why not make it cool looking?" This is the end result. I think it came out fantastic! Especially considering I've never done this type of thing before!

dvdnvwls
02-02-13, 11:56 PM
Heh. Nice. What kind of paint did you use?

silivrentoliel
02-03-13, 12:00 AM
that's really cool! i saw some similarly done at a con we worked last year... the guy was selling them for a LOT more than a normal controller.

Rebelyell
02-03-13, 12:01 AM
I love the skull and biohazard graphix.Looks like a splatter paint motocross bike.

ana futura
02-03-13, 12:06 AM
nice! I love the colors.

Pamplemousse
02-03-13, 10:12 AM
Heh. Nice. What kind of paint did you use?

I used a paint fusion spray before I did anything. Then the yellow is just spray paint, and the black splatters are acrylic paint. Then it has a coat of gloss finish. :)

Drewbacca
02-03-13, 06:57 PM
I once used modeling glue to collage a bunch of magazine cut outs on the original NES controller... some of it leaked into the internals and shorted something out.

What was weird, was the fact that it allowed me to than run my characters across the top of the screen (where the score is) and then jump down to fight the boss at the end... I think this happened in Mario and TMNTs... maybe Mega Man. My memory is foggy, but it was a really odd outcome.

Twiggy
02-03-13, 07:17 PM
That is awesome looking! :D
Very cool. Good job.

GeordieDave
02-04-13, 06:54 AM
Awesome :D