View Full Version : How to maintain weight w/ stimulant medication?

solidstatemind
02-03-13, 09:44 PM
Hello everybody.

I was recently dx'ed and prescribed 30mg adderall per day. I was warned about a decreased appetite, and thought I had adjusted my calorie intake appropriately, yet I am still concerned about losing weight. I have a fast metabolism and my mom's side of the family are rather slender people, so I'm guessing it's something I'll have to keep a close eye on.

I have been recording my eating habits so I can actually know how much I've eaten day-to-day, yet I wonder if it is enough calories.

The exercise I normally do is almost entirely cardio, but I don't want to lose more weight, so I was thinking about starting to do more weight training, and less cardio.

Does anybody have any useful techniques or ideas for maintaining/gaining weight? I'm looking for healthy diet/items and or exercises I can utilize on a daily basis.

thanks for any input!

Scooby Dude
02-03-13, 09:56 PM
I'm going with the "get fat first, then drop back to normal wieght on Adderall" method. Rather enjoying it this far.

solidstatemind
02-03-13, 10:11 PM
I'm going with the "get fat first, then drop back to normal wieght on Adderall" method. Rather enjoying it this far.

Unless I'm working at a physically demanding job I have a pretty lean frame. I don't really get fat.

dvdnvwls
02-03-13, 11:57 PM
Keep up at least some cardio.

Eat a big breakfast with more protein & fat than the nearly-100%-carbs breakfast that a lot of people eat.

Force yourself to have lunch every day even if you don't feel hungry.

sarahsweets
02-04-13, 05:27 AM
Protein protein protein! I used protein shakes to supplement my lack of appetite.