View Full Version : multiple anti-depressants with Adderall XR

Snowhound
02-07-13, 07:38 AM
Wondering if anyone else has been on more than one anti-depressant while taking Adderall XR and any interactions with them? At the moment I am taking 300mg Wellbutrin with 15mg Adderall XR(starting dose) in the AM, and 200mg Zoloft, 10mg Ambien and 50mg Naltrexone at night. It has been this routine for about a week now, and will continue another week until I get cut down to 100mg Zoloft (weening and replacing with the Wellbutrin). I haven't had any adverse effects yet, but I'm concerned with the possibility of Serotonin Syndrome, though I hear it's rare, I'm wondering if I am intaking too much. My pdoc has assured me that Wellbutrin and Zoloft work differently and not to worry, but I tend to anyway, haha. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

starry
02-07-13, 07:54 AM
Wellbutrin and Adderall combo should be OK, but in my experience SSRI's and Adderall lower each others' efficacy. You take Ambien and Naltrexone for sleep, so no worries about those two interfering with Adderall, but I don't know if they interfere with the Zoloft. I'm guessing Wellbutrin works only during the day (due to its light stimulant effects), since that's probably when you take it. Zoloft is extended release that extends over the night too.

hollywood
02-09-13, 01:21 AM
It is my experience that wellbutrin and stims are fine . For some reason ssris really mess me up. I can barely think on them. I could never get past the intro phase . I cannot see how anybody with adhd tolerated ssris

sarahsweets
02-09-13, 08:21 AM
I am doing well with an SNRI and adderall.

Shabazz
03-03-13, 05:11 PM
It is my experience that wellbutrin and stims are fine . For some reason ssris really mess me up. I can barely think on them. I could never get past the intro phase . I cannot see how anybody with adhd tolerated ssris

Yes, same here. ssri's mess me up the same exact way. Horrible.

I wonder if snri like cymbalta might have a different result. My doc wants me to give it a go. Hopefully it will not cause the same issues as Prozac or lexapro. Anyone have success with cymbalta + stim?

hollywood
03-04-13, 01:34 AM
Cymbalta is better than ssris

Nibs91
03-04-13, 01:07 PM
I haven't noticed any difference with Adderall XR with prozac and abilify. I know abilify isn't an AD....just my experience.

Abi
03-04-13, 11:16 PM
Adderall + Wellbutrin + Zoloft is safe.

Only one of these (Zoloft) has any significant seretogenic effect, so no risk of Serotonin Syndrome

hollywood
03-04-13, 11:37 PM
Wait a minute , I thought you said prozac made you tired? I can tell you this much cymbalta made me too numb and quiet , took my zest away so that's no good

Shabazz
03-06-13, 04:14 PM
I haven't noticed any difference with Adderall XR with prozac and abilify. I know abilify isn't an AD....just my experience.

What do you take abilify for?

@Hollywood ... If cymbalta wasn't good for you, what are you taking for depression? Ever try pristiq?