View Full Version : Xanax - which generic do you prefer?

starry
02-07-13, 08:17 AM
I went to get my prescription filled for my Alpraloxam (generic Xanax) and the pharmacist was thoughtful enough to ask me first, if it was OK that she gave me a different generic this time.

I didn't even know that there were more than one generic for Xanax up until that point.

I asked if I could see the pills (2 mg). So she showed me.
They looked smaller, shorter and more round on the edges as well as more glossy than the ones I usually take.
I decided that I didn't want to switch to another generic, so she filled my usual ones and I picked it up the next day.
Does anyone know who makes these?

The name of the generic I'm currently taking is not written on the bottle. I googled the Rx number and can't find anything on it either.

starry
02-07-13, 08:24 AM
Nevermind, I just noticed it says "Mfr: Greenstone" on the bottle.
I guess a company called Greenstone manufactures it.
The pills' imprint reads : G3722

I wonder who the other company was though and which one is better, or if there's a difference at all between the generics.

Raye
02-07-13, 08:55 AM
I preferred Teva brand for alprazolam. The 1 mg I used to take were blue, round, and chalky type. Other manufactures have a foot ball shaped one with a hard almost plastic like coating...I didn't like those.

starry
02-07-13, 09:22 AM
I preferred Teva brand for alprazolam. The 1 mg I used to take were blue, round, and chalky type. Other manufactures have a foot ball shaped one with a hard almost plastic like coating...I didn't like those.

Teva makes the best generic Adderall in my opinion, so I'm guessing their generic Xanax is good too :)

starry
02-07-13, 09:29 AM
Wow....it looks like there are a lot of companies that make generic Xanax. Didn't know there were this many.

Qualitest Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Sun Pharmaceuticals
Apotex Corp.
Barr Laboratories, Inc.
Teva Pharmaceuticals USA
Sandoz Pharmaceuticals
Corepharma LLC
Dava Pharmaceuticals
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Actavis
ESI Lederle Generics
Boca Pharmacal, Inc.
Alphapharm Pty. Ltd.
Par Pharmaceuticals
Aurobindo Pharma Limited
Impax Laboratories, Inc.
Emcure Pharmaceuticals

Source: http://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?action=search&drugname=alprazolam

Raye
02-07-13, 11:33 AM
yeah I'm not sure which makes the foot ball looking ones. All I know is they didn't work as well for me as Teva did.