View Full Version : our apartment is a cluttered messs

stef
02-10-13, 03:39 AM
- and i have just today to clean. there is no one coming over so no panic as motivation ...
all i can think of is keep setting the timer and put things away and throw things away, insanely. most of its my things, just need to ask dh and ds to move a few items out of the living room. want to make a nice lunch later but the kitchen table is so full of stuff i dont even know where to start. never finished unpacking my suitcase, and ive been home for a week.
if anyone has any suggestions please feel free...
in the meantime im going back to sleep for a couple of hours. ( not overwhelmed ,just that ive only slept 5 hours...)

purpleToes
02-10-13, 03:46 AM
Not sure if I can offer anything helpful in the way of suggestions, but I can sympathize. I have literally years of unmade decisions in piles all around me. I have suitcases I haven't unpacked since October.

How many hours do you estimate it would take to put things in order to your satisfaction, once you got going? Are we talking about a job for the crew of Hoarders, or are things just more messy than usual?

stef
02-10-13, 03:57 AM
just more messy than usual. first the holidays, then just surviving dark january, then i was in the states for 2 weekends. my husband and son dont mind really, husband hates to,throw things away, plus they dont notice too much but its reached epic proportions! my moms place is so tidy i really noticed all my junk, when i got back. ugh.

amberwillow
02-10-13, 04:15 AM
Google Flylady Crisis Clean if you want to make a big impact fast.

There's a YouTube vid (or Flylady TV) as well I believe.

starry
02-10-13, 04:24 AM
UGH... I too am trying to get motivated enough to get off my behind and do a huge, deep cleaning, since my beloved four legged furry kids shed in EPIC proportions (I think it's also shedding season, so they shed even more than usual)!
Loads of laundry to do too....and then scrubbing the bathtubs etc etc.

I just have to remember, how good I feel when the place has been cleaned and all laundry done.

Amazes me that some people keep their house tidy and clean so effortlessly it seems like.

It's good that no one in your family notices/complains about the mess, lol :)

I think as long as we don't let things get so bad that we'd be approved to go on that TV show called "Hoarders", a little mess and dust here and there isn't so bad ;)

SquarePeg
02-10-13, 04:32 AM
Only way I know how to do this is to invite someone over, then I can clean like a maniac and get everything done in 1 hour!!

Even if itīs a workman, this still works.

starry
02-10-13, 05:03 AM
Only way I know how to do this is to invite someone over, then I can clean like a maniac and get everything done in 1 hour!!

Even if itīs a workman, this still works.

Haha! Same here!

stef
02-10-13, 06:02 AM
ok great thanks everyone!
step one: get off the forums and take a shower. cook potatoes for Nice Lunch. which is pork roast but not sure yet how to fix it ( in a bag with spices in the oven - they sell these little kits with a plastic oven bag and spices, or, cooked in milk on the stove. roti de porc au lait, pm me if you want the recipe!)

dvdnvwls
02-10-13, 06:14 AM
After Nice Lunch, and doing some more work, is it Rouen Dinner? :)

stef
02-10-13, 06:16 AM
After Nice Lunch, and doing some more work, is it Rouen Dinner? :)

lol! :)

stef
02-10-13, 05:32 PM
well i didnt have time for everything, but, epic clutter resolved!
back to normal state of clutter :)

salleh
02-10-13, 06:26 PM
Well done Stef ! .....and an atta girl too ! ....

Rebelyell
02-10-13, 06:33 PM
OMG sounds like my house,freaking clutter everywhere,I dont know if bro dont care or cant help it either but alot of it is his.I swear one of these days Im gonna get it in a pile in the middle of the street and set it all a blaze and sing the nite they drove all dixy down and the bells were ringing:D

Sandy4957
02-10-13, 10:24 PM
I want the recipe...

One room/space at a time...

stef
02-11-13, 04:32 AM
I want the recipe...

One room/space at a time...

that is not how I worked! I just did whatever I could in 4 areas at certain periods of time (while lunch was cooking/after nap/after phone call to mom).

the pork roast in milk is:
1 small roast (filet)
about a quart of milk (so it covers the roast completely)
brown the roast with some onions & carrots (if you want carrots...)
add milk, cook on low heat on stove, 1 h 15 min.
add potatoes 45 min before done (if you want potatoes...)

but I didnt make this, I forgot we only had lactose free milk & not sure if you can cook with that.