View Full Version : Benefits of YOGA

LeoJ
02-13-13, 11:17 AM
I just started doing this. Feels great for my anxiety and stress and moods !

Anyone else tried it?

keliza
02-13-13, 01:21 PM
Yes, I love yoga! I do it a couple of times a week. It makes my whole body feel better, and my mind feels a lot clearer and more centered after a good hour of yoga. My friend does hot yoga, but that just sounds unpleasant to me.

SquarePeg
02-13-13, 04:30 PM
I used to do yoga but you need to be careful, a lot of exercise are not suitable for many people. It helped me realise how ill I was. I felt a bit of a hypochondriac because I came up with about 12 different symptons. Yoga enabled me to become so much more aware of my body. I went to the doc and was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid gland.
Fast forward 12 years on thyroid meds and loads of problems remained, hence the adhd diagnosis.

dasikins
02-13-13, 07:38 PM
I do the P90x yoga and love it when I am done! I find it hard to concentrate and slow my brain down for it though :(

starry
02-13-13, 08:01 PM
I can't say I'm crazy about yoga and don't get why every single woman seems to be so into it- but I do it often. I do a lot of stretching at home (gym style, not really yoga style) and enjoy that more. I do it while I watch TV, so maybe that's why I like it more. In yoga classes I get terribly bored, since my mind has nothing to do.

Dance classes on the other hand, I love. Never get bored during those.

ConcertaParent
02-13-13, 09:53 PM
Yes, yoga is probably beneficial for ADHD (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139176).

nmatt2189
02-13-13, 09:56 PM
Of course union with God would be beneficial. (meaning of the word) It tortures me knowing that He governs every aspect of my life and every particle of air that flows into my lungs, and yet I am so far from Him.

Mr Digital 01
02-13-13, 11:01 PM
I used to love yoga, got a lot out of it, did it for a few years.

I did the Iyengar form. Don't know why I stopped, partly it's expensive as I'm on a very low income.

About a year ago I did a class. Man was I awful at it, I had no balance, couldn't hold the poses, I was a mess!

bruukswuzheer
02-14-13, 06:42 PM
I think we can all agree that exercise (also sleep & nutrition) is one of the pillars of a healthy sustainable lifestyle. Just as walking, or any form of exercise will increase blood flow and oxygenation to all of our organs, so does Yoga, but even in a more targeted and efficient manor.

That said, Yoga will most definitely help put us adders in a more positive state of being and contribute to higher levels of clarity and higher brain (and all organ) performance.

does this mean its a cure? no, but will contribute in a big way towards helping us utilize the tools that are available to us, both mentally and physically.

I highly recommend yoga for everyone. I think every add'er would do well to take an inventory of these three areas: eating, sleeping, exercise.

goodtimesahead
02-26-13, 11:55 AM
I practice Kundalini Yoga everyday and I can honestly say it has changed my life. Doing yoga/meditation has significantly reduced the symptoms of ADD (I have the inattentive strand).

I wrote a post on my experience. Here is the link to it incase you haven't seen it: http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140032