View Full Version : Silver Linings Playbook

crystal8080
02-15-13, 01:12 PM
Hey have any of you guys seen this movie yet? If you have what did you think of it? I just watched it last night and I thought it was amazing.

Subtract81
02-15-13, 02:22 PM
I loved this movie, i am not bi polar but related to a lot of it, much of the stuff he said and did could easily have been me

deadmau5
02-15-13, 05:32 PM
i loved that movie!!!!

crystal8080
02-15-13, 06:49 PM
Yeah I guess considering so many disorders have overlap in symptoms it would be easy to relate to. I had such a hard time deciding which movie to pick since reviews were low for most of the others, so it was that or Side Effects, and I didn't feel up to watching something that dark. Like I want to watch all these movies about mental health with my husband right. LOL.

starry
02-15-13, 09:08 PM
I should have seen it while I still had the chance to see it for free before the SAG Awards. I don't know if it's still playing and if I want to pay to see it.
I'll have to wait till it's released on DVD I guess and rent it.

I didn't know it was about BPD btw. Now I'm very intrigued.

crystal8080
02-15-13, 10:15 PM
I liked it enough to buy it on DVD. Its about a guy who loses his wife, house and job after being admitted to hospital for 8 months on a plea bargain. He gets out determined to get his wife back with the help of a girl who has enough of her own issues. Sounds like a drama but its a comedy.

amberwillow
02-15-13, 10:19 PM
I watched it with my 21yr old daughter. We both really enjoyed it. :)

keliza
02-16-13, 12:30 AM
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I read the book, it was phenomenal. I hear the movie is actually quite divergent from the plot of the book, so I'll be interested to watch it when it comes out on video and see what the differences are.

As someone with bipolar disorder, I really appreciated the book's portrayal of the illness. It was honest, thoughtful, and not stigmatizing at all IMO. The entire thing was written in a very hypomanic way, the voice was really sincere in that aspect. What I appreciated most was that it showed the way the entire family struggled with Pat's illness, and the way his parents' treatment of the disorder was in some ways positive and in some ways detrimental.

So if you haven't read the book, I very highly recommend it!

crystal8080
02-16-13, 01:02 AM
There's a book?? The book is ALWAYS better than the movie. But that's another topic..I would actually rather read the book after seeing the movie, because once you read the book the movie always sucks. I'll have to look into that thanks Keliza :)

Zaashy
03-08-13, 07:31 AM
Best movie evest.

Gadfly
03-09-13, 07:00 AM
Watched the other day and I loved it.