View Full Version : Spiritual: There are both good and bad influences...

Guest123
02-16-13, 10:06 PM
When I click on this forum, there are only two "normal" threads showing (not stickies). In this an error?

Regardless... I used to go to AA which is about addiction, but MANY ADHD people get into drugs and alcohol as a means of self-medication... so anyway...

Way back in the 30s or whenever they wrote the AA texts, they mentioned but dismissed the idea that alcoholism is "demon possession" or oriented with those things. I actually believe that that's TRUE. I believe that many addictions and problems ARE demon-oriented. I'm not religious myself. But just wanted to post about something I read that helped me a lot recently:

I believe in "something," but I don't call it God. I've ALWAYS believed a lot of my problems were actually from a malevolent spirit, and I was led that this belief was inconsistent with "God" beliefs or things that AA says. But then I read an article from the U.K. addressing people who hear voices, as a result of psychological illness or substance abuse...

I was fascinated to read that their opinion was that even if a person "hears" bad voices and influences... that there are good ones as well. But that people can lose the ability to differentiate between them. That totally changed my whole life actually, just the other day. This, IMO, could easily apply to people who do not hear voices or have those mental problems as well.

Now I still retain my belief in malevolent spiritual forces out there-- but I can now also see that there are probably good forces too. It just totally opened my mind.

I hope I put this in the proper place. This isn't particularly religious to me so that's why I didn't put it in a religion place. I don't believe in religion anymore. But now, I feel comfortable knowing that there are ill-meaning AND well-meaning forces working in all of our lives. For years, the bad ones had me convinced that's all there was.

This may sound all too-simplistic but when I realized it, I felt 1000x better and I hope this view helps someone.

- gem

P.S. I'm a bit self-conscious if this doesn't fit this forum or if you think my ideas are stupid. But I need to get over that. Just because we don't agree with other people's opinions doesn't always make them stupid. I need to get a grip on my self-consciousness. Yeesh...

peripatetic
02-16-13, 10:35 PM
just a quick note...regarding the seeing only two....go to section...down on the bottom......left....yes...left..you'll see show threads from___you can then select from a drop down box to see all threads from the beginning.

i believe the automatic one for this section is...like...last day or something...i'll see if admin can adjust...but...you MIGHT also go to USER CP and under edit options see if you can set all sections for you to start from beginning...that MIGHT not be an option. but if it is...that's where it'd be.
you

soz to divert ...but saw question...and will now leave back to thread topic :-)

Lunacie
02-16-13, 11:01 PM
I agree that there are spirits of many kinds.
A very few are malevolent. Some call them demons. I don't.
Some are good, and people tend to call them angels or guardians.
Most, the vast majority, are simply indifferent to human beings.

Mr Digital 01
02-16-13, 11:34 PM
Gem, I agree that there are good/evil forces in the world.
Whether they are spiritual/supernatural or god/demons is a matter of personal belief and choice.

Personally, I find no need to resort to supernatural explanations as it's pretty obvious to me that most
of these 'forces' can be explained by human behaviour. I think that most people inherently know what is
right and want to be good/do the right thing. There are however good/bad people in the world;
psychopaths, murderers, criminals, exploiters, dictators, power trippers etc, etc.

A lot of the 'evils' in our world can be completely explained by the way our societies are structured.
The desire/need for power and money and the negative consequences of not having either would be at the top of my list.

What behaviour a society values and rewards/punishes, the institutions that enforce penalties on those who do not comply,
monetary systems and cut-throat competitiveness rather than a cooperative approach explain a lot more. Just my 2c.

meadd823
02-22-13, 05:45 PM
Have you considered consulting with reiki practitioner or shaman to see if they can offer you some insight?

Grantham
03-10-13, 11:21 PM
to drugs and alcohol as a means of self-medication... so anyway...

Way back in the 30s or whenever they wrote the AA texts, they mentioned but dismissed the idea that alcoholism is "demon possession" or oriented with those things. I actually believe that that's TRUE. I believe that many addictions and problems ARE demon-oriented. I'm not religious myself. But just wanted to post about something I read that helped me a lot recently:

I could see that, since demon possession jives with being powerless over the disease, which if I recall correctly is one of the steps.

It's not for me, but if it works for you...awesome!

SquarePeg
03-11-13, 09:50 AM
We all have our own energy but can be affected by the energy around us and are also able to change our own energy.

We all know those people that seem to exude a positive energy and whom we usually feel really good when we are around them. These people can come from all walks of live, and not necessarily have a great life, but their positivity can be "infectious".

Also those people with "negative or darker" energies, that almost feel malovent and we donīt feel good around these people.

Think of a football match and how quickly the good energy can turn into something ugly. In one corner of the stadium there can be a fight or something ugly going on and this energy can quickly spread throughout the entire arena like wildfire resulting in mass punchups.

I believe we attract the energy that we put out so itīs worth working on our own energies in order to attract more positive energy.

I used to work with a girl who was so depressing and we were an office of 5 people, yet her depressing moods were able to influence and overpower the entire office. When she left or wasnīt there, the energy was much happier and lighter.

eats_mice
03-11-13, 10:00 AM
There are indeed bad spiritual forces, and they want only to bring death, in whatever way they can. Slow, fast, easy, hard, they don't care as long as the outcome is the same. I just sent one out of my house back to where it came from a few days ago. No, I'm not crazy, it actually happened.