View Full Version : Olanzapine Zyprexa 2.5mg

SquarePeg
02-19-13, 03:20 AM
My 17 year old has just been prescribed this medication, she is on 2.5mg for a month only. Does anybody know how long it takes to take effect. She hasnīt slept in 3 nights and took it last night and still didnīt sleep. I have given her the day off school as she is now so tired. She doesnīt want to go to school. she has never ever said she doesnīt want to go to the school, despite having experienced so many problems because of her adhd.

Her pdoc gave her these because she didnīt want to make a diagnosis yet seeing as this latest episode has only going on for 3 days, but itīs the worst yet and she spoke about wanting to kill herself. She warned about it increasing appetite which worried my daughter, but said seeing as it was only for a month and that concerta was lowering her appetite, hopefully the two would balance themselves out.

So what can she expect from this, when can she hope to feel a little better. thanks

starry
02-19-13, 04:18 AM
Hey sweetie. I'm going to send you a link for more info from another site, since it's not allowed to post links here.

tambourine-man
03-04-13, 01:49 PM
2.5mg is a pretty minor dose. In my experience Zyprexa takes effect in about an hour and knocked me out the first day I took it but I took 10mg.

extra_solar
03-18-13, 01:27 PM
In my experience zyprexa takes 3 to 6 months, taking every day, to do what it's intended to do.

It can be a very helpful medicine to those that really need it.

Zyprexa will definitely cause a person to gain weight.

It caused me to gain 110 pounds! Not good! I used to be thin!

Similar medications supposedly do not cause the weight gain.

If taken properly and consistently zyprexa can change and save lives, for sure.