View Full Version : I'm so irritated today..for no reason

Fuzzy12
02-22-13, 11:03 AM
Nothing's wrong. I got up too late. Doesn't matter. Missed meeting my friend. Doesn't matter either. Binge ate. Feeling sick now but I'm still continuing eating. Bored out of my wits with life, my mind, everything. Guess, that's the one that matters. Or maybe it doesn't. I don't know. I'm bored of thinking as well. I just want to sleep. Sorry, I've got nothing to say really. I'm just feeling so..wrong. I don't know how to describe it. I get this way sometimes. Everything irritates me and there doesn't seem to be anything to look forward to or any improvement because that is irritating too. I'm not feeling extremely depressed. Just so annoyed. So annoyingly annoyed. Ugggh...just uggh, :confused:

MellyFishButt
02-22-13, 11:50 AM
I hate that feeling! The 'everything is yuck but I can't pinpoint how or why so I am just going to sit here like a lump and avoid humanity before I go ape****' feeling. I get it often.

Hugs!!

sarahsweets
02-22-13, 12:47 PM
this reminds me of the dysphoria part of bipolar fuzzy.

Fuzzy12
02-22-13, 12:54 PM
It's not subsiding. I'm still irritated though now slowly desperation is joining the mix too. Again, I'm not able to do any work. I'm not even trying. I'm eating non-stop. But that's not helping either except to make me feel more ill and my jeans is getting uncomfortably tight. I'm tired and want to sleep but sleeping too seems boring.

It's strange but ever since I've started taking anti depressants it seems as if I've become more sensitive or less tolerant to my mood swings. Much less tolerant!!! :confused:

From the wikipedia entry:

Dysphoria (from Greek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_language): δύσφορος (dysphoros), from δυσ-, difficult, and φέρειν, to bear) is a state of feeling unwell or unhappy; a feeling of emotional and mental discomfort as a symptom of discontentment, restlessness, dissatisfaction, malaise, depression, anxiety or indifference.

Dysphoria (semantically opposite of euphoria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphoria)) is a medically recognized mental (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind) and emotional (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion) condition in which a person experiences intense feelings of depression (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depression_%28mood%29), discontent, and in some cases indifference to the world around themThat's exactly how I'm feeling. :eek:

I've also got this strange urge to do something crazy. Like get lots of rabbits. Right now. It's really tempting but then of course I can't justify getting any pets just out of an impulsive especially when I've got no idea how to take care of them and don't have any of the gear at home. Sigh, I don't know why I'm suddenly craving bunnies. :o

MellyFishButt
02-22-13, 01:03 PM
Yikes. I get like that too. It doesn't last more than a day though and usually a Xanax helps. I have often wondered if I am cyclo too. Hang in there Fuzz.

TagEHeuer
02-22-13, 01:20 PM
Aww Fuzzy, hope you're okay. Keep ranting, let it all out :D

Fuzzy12
02-23-13, 06:37 AM
I'm still irritated today. Worse if possible. I wonder if this is a mixed episode. I'm not depressed. Just so annoyed. I've gone back to bed much toHubby's displeasure. I don't care. I think i might feel better with a bit more of sleep.

tudorose
02-23-13, 06:48 AM
((((Hugs))))

Sleep should help.

Distraction can help too.

Maybe you need a holiday. Some sun maybe?

Right now is a little hot to come to Australia - well WA anyway (unless you like 100 degrees) but April is nice.

Maybe you just need something to look forward to.

lowbrainpower
02-23-13, 09:04 PM
Probably mixed episode. It ******* sucks, I know.

My solution is to chemically break the cycle. For some reason uppers or downers work the same for me: I tend to go hypomanic. So I pop a Ritalin or take a few shots and I become happy once more.

What's weird is that I never want to take these drugs. My body resists them, as if it wants to stay in a mixed episode.

I take them anyway, because I know that my logic and reasoning isn't rational (it never is - I'm bipolar/ADD/other things) and Ritalin usually always saves the day! :)

Good luck to you - I know I need it.

Abi
02-24-13, 12:35 PM
this reminds me of the dysphoria part of bipolar fuzzy.

Yup.

xx

Abi
02-24-13, 12:40 PM
Fuzzy, you make like to take a look at this thread. (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111865)

daveddd
02-24-13, 12:43 PM
It's not subsiding. I'm still irritated though now slowly desperation is joining the mix too. Again, I'm not able to do any work. I'm not even trying. I'm eating non-stop. But that's not helping either except to make me feel more ill and my jeans is getting uncomfortably tight. I'm tired and want to sleep but sleeping too seems boring.

It's strange but ever since I've started taking anti depressants it seems as if I've become more sensitive or less tolerant to my mood swings. Much less tolerant!!! :confused:

From the wikipedia entry:

That's exactly how I'm feeling. :eek:

I've also got this strange urge to do something crazy. Like get lots of rabbits. Right now. It's really tempting but then of course I can't justify getting any pets just out of an impulsive especially when I've got no idea how to take care of them and don't have any of the gear at home. Sigh, I don't know why I'm suddenly craving bunnies. :o

believe me, last thing you want is to get hooked on bunnies

trust me

am i the only one who thinks this sounds like ADHD?

MellyFishButt
02-24-13, 01:20 PM
believe me, last thing you want is to get hooked on bunnies

trust me

am i the only one who thinks this sounds like ADHD?

I mean, I am obsessed (!!!) with Pygmy goats but I have the sound of mind that spending $400 on a goat only to poop all over my apt would have dire consequences. Bipolar, however, doesn't really allow you think of consequences. Although, ADHD can also hide that consequence mechanism, true.

daveddd
02-24-13, 01:24 PM
I mean, I am obsessed (!!!) with Pygmy goats but I have the sound of mind that spending $400 on a goat only to poop all over my apt would have dire consequences. Bipolar, however, doesn't really allow you think of consequences. Although, ADHD can also hide that consequence mechanism, true.

i think the definition of adhd is lack of inhibition

i dont know, i thought fuzzy was convinced she was ADHD

and ive found we know ourselfs better than others do

Rebelyell
02-24-13, 01:24 PM
I get like that often especially when I dont take my meds for a few days,its like gah go away everything and anything bothers me.Im bp2,adhd gad depression,I think i saw on my med nurses skill sheet that it said something about dysphoria as well.

Fuzzy12
02-25-13, 12:49 PM
Fuzzy, you make like to take a look at this thread. (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111865)

Thanks tons Abi. That info was really interesting and dysphoria describes these states really really well for me.

I'm not convinced that I have ADHD. I'm just not convinced either that I don't have ADHD. I just don't know. :(

I get like that often especially when I dont take my meds for a few days,its like gah go away everything and anything bothers me.Im bp2,adhd gad depression,I think i saw on my med nurses skill sheet that it said something about dysphoria as well.

I seem to be more restless and agitated after I've started taking lamotrigine. I'm still on the starting dose of 25mg. I wonder if this is an initial side effect of lamotrigine. I hope it wears off soon. It sucks. I had a decent day so far but now I'm again so, so, so irritated, agitated and restless. Uggh :mad:

I forgot to take my meds today, maybe that is why I'm feeling so out of it.

And I feel like crying again. For absolutely no reason. What the **** is this??? :eek:

tudorose
02-25-13, 01:13 PM
((((hugs))))

I hope you can get some relief from this soon.

Fuzzy12
02-25-13, 02:00 PM
After the irritation, it's back to the usual depression. I'm so tired. I don't want to do this anymore.

ana futura
02-25-13, 02:18 PM

As much as I really wish Fuzzy had BP so her treatment could get on track, I dunno. I think a lot of doctors misdiagnose ADHD as BP. Yet then it does seem like there is "more" than ADHD here.

I think that when you recognize symptoms in yourself, you try to see them more and more. So if some BP symptoms make sense, maybe you look for them more, and start to see more than is there.

I think Fuzzy that you are bad at recognizing your own impulsiveness. There was a thread of Ginnie's a while back that was really good.

Fuzzy12
02-25-13, 02:24 PM
As much as I really wish Fuzzy had BP so her treatment could get on track, I dunno. I think a lot of doctors misdiagnose ADHD as BP. Yet then it does seem like there is "more" than ADHD here.

I think that when you recognize symptoms in yourself, you try to see them more and more. So if some BP symptoms make sense, maybe you look for them more, and start to see more than is there.

I think Fuzzy that you are bad at recognizing your own impulsiveness. There was a thread of Ginnie's a while back that was really good.

I think that's very true Ana. I wonder, if thinking about my diagnosis or potential diagnosis is actually making me worse because I'm actively looking for symptoms, which otherwise I might have just ignored and forgotten about. It's like a self-fulfilling cycle (at least that's what my family claims). Some things though are just too extreme to be ignored or imagined but if it's ADHD, BP or both (or none) I just don't know.

You are right again. I am bad at recognising impulsiveness. In fact, I still don't really understand it. I wonder if my lack of self control or my incapability to resist my impulses (such as doing rubbish when I should be working) is a form of impulsiveness. If yes, then I'm hugely impulsive. :scratch:

The crazy thing is that even when I manage to just do a tiny, little amount of work, I feel so much better. I just had to help a student find a problem with his course work. It took me about 5mins to find his mistake and correct it but I'm already feeling considerably better. Not being able to work depresses the hell out of me but somehow that knowledge doesn't actually make me work. :doh:

By the way, not sure if you've seen my posts but I've started taking lamotrigine for BP. I'm still on the starting dose and after a pretty stable first week I'm having mixed results now. I forgot to take it today morning maybe that's why my mood swings are more extreme though I don't think it works instantly.

ana futura
02-25-13, 02:48 PM
You are right again. I am bad at recognising impulsiveness. In fact, I still don't really understand it. I wonder if my lack of self control is a form of impulsiveness. If yes, then I'm hugely impulsive. :scratch:

I think a lack of self control is really the 'heart' of ADHD.

Barkley even wrote an entire book about it- Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and the Nature of Self-control (http://books.google.com/books?id=iv-XFAL5CdAC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false)

'Impulsive' is a loaded word, I think it throws a lot of people, not just you. We are used to thinking of an impulsive person as someone who makes bad decisions quickly, but there's way more to it than that. I rarely make bad decisions quickly. But do I have poor self control? Completely.

One of the most interesting things meds do for me is give me a sense of autonomy. I feel in control of my actions. I recognize that I am the one who chooses what I say and do. I have never felt that way before, ever.

Long before I was diagnosed, I thought of myself as a piece of driftwood, aimlessly floating through life, because it was impossible for me to exert any control over my destiny.

Fuzzy12
02-27-13, 05:49 AM
I'm so annoyed and irritated again. Got stuck in horrible traffic, which made it worse. I just hate, hate, hate traffic jams. They drive me absolutely crazy. I hate being stuck with no option (well no sensible option) of getting out of there. I'm horrible at changing lanes. I know, it makes no difference but I just get so crazy. :rolleyes:

This feels horrible. I'm not even that depressed but suicidal ideation is at a high again. Stupid, stupid mood swings. :mad: :mad: :mad:

dresser
02-27-13, 10:31 AM
Mornin fuzzy N "hugs" from the lancshire ladd Hnm just notists the 2 Dz anyhow I broke
down #21 of Anna'z responce I turned it to questions= do my meds give me a sence of autinomy? Y. inbetween N. do I feel in control of my actions? Y. inbetween N. am I the one who chooses what to say or do ? Y. inbetween N. do I have poor self control? Y. inbetween N. can I exert- start,some,any,workat, n then my destiny I may have made
a lot of work for me but I feel this will definatly let me know Im doing somthin about
me N my depression mr goin to try N big thanks to Anna nd everyone else lovvs yas N I gotta use = can I try to?
If it works I wont have any excuses no what lololo?

Raye
02-28-13, 04:52 AM
There are days I get so irritated that I just want to pull my hair out. or break something. It's not depression, and I have no idea what triggers this. :doh:

Fuzzy12
03-01-13, 08:54 AM
Mornin fuzzy N "hugs" from the lancshire ladd Hnm just notists the 2 Dz anyhow I broke
down #21 of Anna'z responce I turned it to questions= do my meds give me a sence of autinomy? Y. inbetween N. do I feel in control of my actions? Y. inbetween N. am I the one who chooses what to say or do ? Y. inbetween N. do I have poor self control? Y. inbetween N. can I exert- start,some,any,workat, n then my destiny I may have made
a lot of work for me but I feel this will definatly let me know Im doing somthin about
me N my depression mr goin to try N big thanks to Anna nd everyone else lovvs yas N I gotta use = can I try to?
If it works I wont have any excuses no what lololo?

Dresser, I always thought you "sound" so British!! Lancashire, huh? Do you miss good old Blighty??

There are days I get so irritated that I just want to pull my hair out. or break something. It's not depression, and I have no idea what triggers this. :doh:

I think, it might either be dysphoria or maybe a mixed episode. It doesn't seem rational and isn't really triggered by anything. Just my silly brain acting up. :scratch:

Idiota
03-03-13, 03:26 PM
I haven't been able to get anything done since Wednesday in terms of learning to code or anything really. Once I realize that simply won't get anything done, I just take the bus somewhere far away and walk around. My brain is simply not working despite being in a euthymic phase.

Rebelyell
03-03-13, 10:40 PM
too much bs triggers it raye