View Full Version : So what does your username mean?

SquarePeg
02-23-13, 01:39 PM
For instance mine is easy, from the age of six I have always felt myself to be a square peg trying to fit into a round hole.

Some names appear to be self-explanatory, but others Im not so sure. Others I have looked at for months and then the penny finally drops, like Alisno1fan!

Care to explain?? Plus do you think your name is still a good reflection of yourself, would you consider a change. (Not suggesting people change their username but am interested).

GeordieDave
02-23-13, 02:32 PM
Haha nice. Well mine is pretty self-explanatory. My name is David (Dave) and I'm from Newcastle, located in the north east of England in the UK. We are called Geordies. There are many stories behind why we are called Geordies. Not exactly sure where the name comes from.

SquarePeg
02-23-13, 02:42 PM
Haha nice. Well mine is pretty self-explanatory. My name is David (Dave) and I'm from Newcastle, located in the north east of England in the UK. We are called Geordies. There are many stories behind why we are called Geordies. Not exactly sure where the name comes from.
Well GeordieDave yours is one of the self explanatory ones (Im from the UK). We now have Gandia Shore on TV in Spain taken from Geordie Shore :giggle:

ana futura
02-23-13, 03:01 PM
ana= against/ again/ back
futura= the future

I was in a bad headspace when I joined, it's sort of like "no future"

But "against the future" is still accurate, I think I am against the future. Whatever that means :rolleyes:

It could also mean "again the future", which is so relevant to ADHD. Because every day it's like "again, the future! Wasn't I just here?"

TagEHeuer
02-23-13, 03:30 PM
It's one of my watches. With my middle and second name initials.

daveddd
02-23-13, 03:34 PM
my name is dave last initial D

that was taken

so i tried davedd, that was taken

so daveddd it was

dasikins
02-23-13, 07:14 PM
Mine was a nickname from elementary school from my bestie who is still my bestie.

eats_mice
02-23-13, 07:57 PM
My name means that I eats mice.

But I don't.

SquarePeg
02-23-13, 08:02 PM

But I don't.
so why the name??? ;)

starry
02-23-13, 08:06 PM

But I don't.

Thank God for that!! I was wondering that.

Relieved about the truth. :)

starry
02-23-13, 08:13 PM
I have a fascination with stars (stars in the sky as well as the star shape and objects with stars in them, like jewelry and clothing items) and just love sitting under a clear night sky where you can see the stars.
So I love all things "starry" :) Starry skies, starry objects etc. Therefore the name.

stef
02-23-13, 08:36 PM
actually a diminutive of my first name;
was literally my username on old laptop so i typed it in automaticlly when i joined....
*slaps forehead*

eats_mice
02-23-13, 09:03 PM
Idk, it's a sn I just came up with it one day. I think I was being weird and talking funny and it just came out of my mouth.

spinning wheels
02-23-13, 09:24 PM
Comes from the Eagles song "take it easy" more specifically the line "don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy". That line has stuck with me ever since the first time I heard it as a kid and I am not even a big Eagles fan. Just describes one of my biggest problems and sometimes one of my biggest assets. I constantly fall victim to paraylis my anaylis. Perfectly rationally thoughts that I take to a completely irrational level.

Mr Digital 01
02-23-13, 09:59 PM
Mine refers to a nickname a close friend gave me.
He accurately described me as Mr. Digital in that I have been highly inconsistent in my life... I am either fully off (0) or fully on (1).

Hopefully with my recent diagnosis that name will eventually be redundant but
I will still keep it for sentimental reasons. It's a bit cold and machine-like though, not really me at all in that way.

Spacemaster
02-23-13, 11:48 PM
I was called "Spacemaster" behind my back, in high school. I didn't learn of it til later on, when someone told me, "you know, they call you space master..."

Well, I've owned it now. No use being insulted by it, it's true.

DistractedGoat
02-24-13, 12:43 AM
DistractedGoat

1) Distracted:

I'm easily distracted.

2) Goat:

I eat tin cans.

mctavish23
02-24-13, 12:55 AM
Angus McTavish the 23rd was our (late) 17 year old, Cairn Terrier (aka Toto).

RIP

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)

Gilthranon
02-24-13, 06:44 AM
I was called "Spacemaster" behind my back, in high school. I didn't learn of it til later on, when someone told me, "you know, they call you space master..."

Well, I've owned it now. No use being insulted by it, it's true.
I would be 'The Valiant' in that case. It was my behind my back nickname, luvd it for once - because I go by bike to school, and most Swiss are lazy ^^ Or one guy called me 'The Flying Dutchman' which ain't bad but I don't consider myself Dutch anymore that much...

Ocyan = Ocean & Cyan is my artist name because of my love with the ocean, water in general and Cyan is the color of the sky reflected in the water, cyan is the official name of blue, the artistic one.

tudorose
02-24-13, 06:58 AM
tudorose - name of the dog

We called her Rosie.

I miss her.

tudorose
02-24-13, 07:04 AM
How many of us are named after the dog?

SquarePeg
02-24-13, 07:05 AM
I have a fascination with stars (stars in the sky as well as the star shape and objects with stars in them, like jewelry and clothing items) and just love sitting under a clear night sky where you can see the stars.
So I love all things "starry" :) Starry skies, starry objects etc. Therefore the name.
Where I live the nights are usually very clear, perfect for star gazing, you can also see satellites, makes me wonder what on earth they are.

starry
02-24-13, 07:12 AM
Where I live the nights are usually very clear, perfect for star gazing, you can also see satellites, makes me wonder what on earth they are.

How wonderful :) Yea, I see some weird astronomical happenings once in a while too. The other night, I saw something that looked like a falling star but with a much brighter fall. Guessing it might have been a meteorite. It was cool.

JanelleC
02-24-13, 09:26 AM
Mine is so boring. My first name is Janelle. "C" is the first letter of my last name.

Gilthranon
02-26-13, 09:27 AM
Nicknames people have given me : (in favor of or despite me)

The Valiant (going by bike to school - absolutely ADORE this one !!)

The Flying Dutchman (a guy I'm starting to suspect gay as he couldn't keep his hands from caressing my goatee... he said he hated me but never really understood - definitely ADHD himself - eccentric guy)

The Boss (Austrlian group based on my dancing style... my luv fur Ozzie ?)

Jesus (everybody kept calling me cause of long, dark blond curly hair, thick beard, blue eyes and dressed in white and I have a 'calm' look in the eye - if not completely stoned)

van der (as Marel is my last name, they used to cut it off - this nickname was incredibly condescending and I hated it)

*Dutch word I kept insulting people with* (should have never insulted people with something they don't understand - they'll use it against yeh :doh: )

stef
02-26-13, 10:08 AM
"the valiant" - very cool!
If I had actually been thinking straight when I registered, I would have chosen "beanhead" (affectionate nickname from college...)

eclectic beagle
02-26-13, 02:00 PM
I have no fixed residence, but move from place to place...in my mind. Or something.

Buzz23
02-26-13, 03:08 PM
Buzz after Buzz Lightyear, because my friend and I used to call each other Woody and Buzz (now we've switched to superhero names: I'm the Scrambler and she's Miss Reminder). I realized later that it has a nice double meaning, because my mind buzzes around a lot.
23 because my birthday is the 23rd.

BobbyDrake
02-27-13, 09:44 AM
Mine is really simple... I've always been a comic nerd, and I always like the X-Men. Of course, Iceman was always my favorite X-Man, so I've been BobbyDrake online since the late 90's...