View Full Version : Lyrica and focus

alan1
02-25-13, 04:16 PM
Does anyone have experience on Lyrica? I've had to be on 150mg twice daily for a few weeks now for a postoperative pain problem and it is making focusing really hard. I've always had difficulty focusing on things that require a lot of concentration to learn for more than a few minutes. But medication has helped extend that time significantly. But now, with the Lyrica, it is back with a vengeance. I study an instrument and I can focus on learning new, difficult music for no more than 3 or 4 minutes at a time. It is hard to make any progress that way. It is very frustrating :(.

FocusPocus10
06-12-13, 05:26 PM
Really? You sure its the lyrica? Can you lower the dose or drop it totally? Keep me posted.

known_guy
06-12-13, 10:23 PM
Lyrica definitely impaired my cognition... Cannot really think of how to explain the manner by which it did so.

tambourine-man
06-13-13, 08:05 AM
Lyrica impairs cognitive ability without question. It's also a pretty miraculous substance with so many useful properties. I would try lowering the dose of Lyrica or temporarily upping your ADHD meds until the pain is gone.