View Full Version : "Do You Wish to Save Changes?" + Brain Fart + clicked "No" = Days of work lost! ARGH!

Shlarin
02-26-13, 05:50 PM
Is there any recourse if I click "No" due to my brain not functioning property upon that dialogue? The application is Excel 2007.

Now if the app crashes, I can get a recovery file.. but no recovery file exists when I have a "brain fart" moment when I click "No" when presented with the dialogue asking me if I want to save.

I know, the best solution is to save properly and not be in this mess in the first place.

But suppose it already happened.. what recourse do I have? (I even tried using data recovery on Excel's recovery directory to no avail.)

Teuorr
05-07-13, 12:25 PM
There may still be a recovery file. I would go to the folder where they get saved and check all the ones made during the time you were working on that file.

And of course what you already know which is save a lot! I habitually press ctrl-S when I'm working on a document. Really I do it by instinct now, I don't even think about it!

dvdnvwls
05-07-13, 01:06 PM
You need someone who is familiar with your computer system to help you. Do not save anything else, do not touch your computer anymore, just get help from a knowledgeable person. If you try the wrong thing to "fix" this, you can erase automatic backup files. Hands off! Get help!

midnightstar
05-07-13, 01:12 PM
Sometimes computers "time save" work but you're better off getting someone who knows computers inside out to help you retrieve it.

Tiger_Lily
05-07-13, 03:58 PM
I use auto-save for my documents. I may end up loosing some data if I "brain fart," but it isn't everything.