View Full Version : Deleted Facebook account. Goodbye time suck!

Retromancer
03-02-13, 08:04 PM
I have successfully deleted my Facebook account.

To do so I used the 'secret' Facebook delete option.

https://www.facebook.../delete_account (https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account)

This is not the 'deactivate' option easily found in the settings. This option will not show you the pictures of the "friends" that will be missing you or ask why do you want to leave Facebook. The 'delete' option just asks for your password and to fill in the Captcha box. That's it. Now just avoid logging in for two weeks and you are home free. Goodbye time suck!

GeordieDave
03-02-13, 08:09 PM
I've been wanting to do this for so long... But i have so many friends via traveling Europe it's hard to delete it. Especially with so many photos.

Raye
03-02-13, 09:16 PM
I don't blame you. for me I am so sick of hearing how everyone's life is so much better than mine.

GeordieDave
03-02-13, 09:24 PM
I'm sick of peopl updating their status like 'I just had a bath' I'm like GOOD FOR YOU! THX FOR SHARING FFS

BellaVita
03-02-13, 09:46 PM
I'm sick of peopl updating their status like 'I just had a bath' I'm like GOOD FOR YOU! THX FOR SHARING FFS

hahahaha :giggle:

Idk why I lol'ed so hard at this. And it was no "internal" lol.

Tonight has been so strange...

To the OP, that's awesome! (I think? It is right?)

Retromancer
03-02-13, 11:46 PM
It's like receiving a "Christmas letter" all year round. I won't miss the posts from my sister-in-law.

I don't blame you. for me I am so sick of hearing how everyone's life is so much better than mine.

Crazygirl79
03-03-13, 01:34 AM
I have recently deactivated Facebook and this time I'm not going back on there as I'm sick of the negativity from other people, I'm sick of people I don't even see or hear from in real life anymore knowing what I'm doing and I'm sick of wasting my precious time on something that's as trivial and irrelevant as Facebook....

Facebook will eventually die off...sooner than later I hope.

Sel x

stef
03-03-13, 04:05 AM
i never post anything except comments in certain posts, but need it for news from the states
found my old best friend from 1st grade, that was nice,
i have 5 fb friends that post great stuff
but otherwise enough already! regret friending former high school classmates...

MellyFishButt
03-03-13, 05:01 AM
regret friending former high school classmates...

I deleted mine this time last year partially for that reason. I now have a 'secret' Facebook with 6 people. SO much better.

Crazygirl79
03-03-13, 06:09 AM
I stopped accepting people from high school a long time ago and why would I want to talk to them again when most of them were part of the worst years of my life....

Sel x

Gadfly
03-04-13, 12:33 PM
I deleted mine recently.

The only people that I left on Fakebook were my first cousins in the states. I got rid of 'fake friends' that I hadn't talk to in 20 years or more.

I'd be tempted to re-activate my account if only to keep in touch with my family and get news about my interests.

I am so confused about this as I don't want to hurt my cousins feelings either.

I was logging in compulsively 7 times a day, just in case I missed anything.

Lunacie
03-04-13, 12:51 PM
I do facebook to keep in touch with my extended family. One niece posts
too much, too often. I keep thinking, you need to get a life girl. She and
her mom (my sister) had a falling out years ago. Since then my sister died
so I'm happy to have her back in my life again.

The whole point of facebook is that it's about social interactions, but it
seems FB is the sum total of some people's social interactions. Gotta feel
sad for them, but I wish there was some way to filter out their whining and
just get the stuff that lets you keep in touch.