View Full Version : Sleeping in ruins my day

anonymouslyadd
03-03-13, 09:00 PM
I awoke at 2:00 p.m., four hours later than my usual time. I hate it when I'm thrown off schedule, because it ****s up everything.

I'm behind my to-do list and my whole attitude has sunk into sadness. Consuming my brain, old thoughts and feelings return.

Now a few hours from waking up, I've mulled going back to sleep and throwing in the towel. I've accomplished a couple things, but essentially, my day feels shot. Waking up late means I'll take my meds late, too.

I'm sulking and somber. I want to cry in my pity, consider why I am the way I am and feel resentful.

Getting about six hours sleep recently, my body needed some extra rest. Will winning ever be an outcome for us?

silivrentoliel
03-03-13, 09:51 PM
I currently say no. I've been a bit crap about life and being able to do anything for myself.

I'd love to be able to sleep in though... I can't seem to sleep past 8:30am. I mean, I suppose that's sleeping in to what I normally get up (which is 6am), but I'd love to sleep later on a Sunday.

Rebelyell
03-03-13, 10:47 PM
My whole weekend was spent sleeping lounging around,I didnt even get out of bed much last 2 days.Now tomorrow back to work and I still feel tired. I thought about people who use drugs must throw away alot of there lives binging and recovering and her eIm thinking whats the difference I dont do drugs and cant ge tout of bed.What am I doing wasting my life laying around.Just sucks when no matter how hrd I force myself I just cant get going for ****.

Raye
03-03-13, 10:50 PM
well the bright side is that you accomplished a couple of things.

is there anything OTC you can take that doesn't interfere with your meds so you can get on a good schedule?

I know what you mean by your day feels shot. I took just a 2 hour nap today, swearing to myself I was going to do laundry and dishes when I got up and here I am posting on the forum.

try not to be so hard on yourself. It happens to the best of us.

anonymouslyadd
03-04-13, 01:27 AM
well the bright side is that you accomplished a couple of things.

is there anything OTC you can take that doesn't interfere with your meds so you can get on a good schedule?

I know what you mean by your day feels shot. I took just a 2 hour nap today, swearing to myself I was going to do laundry and dishes when I got up and here I am posting on the forum.

try not to be so hard on yourself. It happens to the best of us.
Raye, I don't know what I could take to help me get on a good schedule. I take medicine at five different times a day, and that's not including my ten mg of Adderall.

I feel like my schedule is decent enough. It's just really hard for me to stick to it. I always feel ****ty in the mornings. Always.

Rebelyell
03-04-13, 01:34 AM
Not a morning person myself now Im all screwed up and cant get to sleep for work this morning by 7 am in 6 short hours I gotta get up:( Boy am I screwed I slept all weekend like a heroin addict and now i cant sleep:(

BellaVita
03-04-13, 02:12 AM
:grouphug:

Hate that feeling, too. It's not your fault though you needed the rest.

I admire your will to work hard.

I hope someone appreciates what you do because you deserve that and then some!

(Sorry if I'm not making sense my brain is kinda in a klutz right now :) )

BellaVita
03-04-13, 02:13 AM
Btw, nice writing skills in the way you expressed yourself. :goodpost:

sarahsweets
03-04-13, 05:20 AM
I am a sleep nazi. Years of chronic insominia and sleep studies force me to stick to a super strict sleep schedule. This means that I get up and go to bed in the same window of time every night. I dont sleep in beyond an hour difference on the weekends. When I have slept in in ruins my whole day. Its like ai missed out on something great by sleeping in, or wasted the whole day.

stef
03-04-13, 05:34 AM
UGH I hate sleeping past 9 AM. I'm really a morning person. I feel like I've wasted my day.
I always take a nap around 2.30 -3 PM on weekends
my husband is a night person and cannot see the logic in this!

mad83
03-04-13, 08:01 AM
I know exactly how you feel. 30 minutes over when I wanted to wake up and I feel like the day's already over.

Try to think of it this way: "You are now well rested and ready to get some work done. Take a shower to refresh yourself and then it's on to being productive!"

Fuzzy12
03-04-13, 08:52 AM
Sleeping in depresses the hell out of me. I always feel as if I don't have time to sleep long. I've got such a long to-do list. Even on the rare weekend, where I don't have to work, I'd rather spend time doing something fun than sleeping.

unfortunately, when I wake up all I want to do is sleep more. I kick myself later for getting up late and sometimes I get so annoyed with myself about all the wasted time that I don't manage to do anything for the rest of the day. Guess, I need to learn to be more easy going. What's the point wasting even more time being annoyed and irritable?? :scratch:

salleh
03-04-13, 10:34 AM
they say when you go off your diet, or have a drink if you're an alcoholic, that you should get on with your usual program immediately .....

don't best yourself up ...you're human, and humans are ....well, they're human .....

.....If you know that you really need a day goofing off .....then do it ...don't feel guilty about it ....try to enjoy that time ,.......it's far more productive to enjoy a goofing off day and refresh your batteries, than to spend the day goofing off and feeling guilty .....

....if you know you really don't want to ...then pick yourself up, and get on with it ......

.....but one way or another ..give yourself a break ......