View Full Version : Taking a break but not goodbye

tudorose
03-04-13, 07:38 AM
As a lot of you know I've been sick for quite a while. Anyway I got some blood tests back on Thursday with some crazy results that together don't make a lot of sense.

Regardless though, there are a lot of the inflammatory markers that have come back positive and the results indicate that my body is attacking itself. Brings the concept of hating yourself to a whole new level.

So I've been referred to a rheumatologist to see if it's lupus or some other rheumatic or auto-immune thing going on.

It's been hard to come to terms with the fact that this is not a temporary thing like I thought it was when we thought it was RRV. I thought after the RRV had passed I would be back to my normal life. Now I realise that's just not going to happen.

My normal life used to be riding to work and home again for a total of 3 hours exercise a day. Yesterday I managed 3 minutes on the trainer and today I managed 4 (and that was a big success). Out of the last 2 weeks I've only managed 4 days at work and even then it was very hard and full of pain. I'm shuffling around really slowly and am completely debilitated from the pain and fatigue. I'm totally scared about what this might be, what impact this will have on me in the short term and what will become of my life. DH has taken it really hard and he got sent home from work on Friday coz he totally lost it - and this is a guy who pretty much never ever shows any emotion at work. He just can't handle seeing me in so much pain. I don't think either DH and I have cried so much ever. It's just really hard but at least we have each other.

Typing is hard. Doing anything is hard. So I don't think I'll be around here too much until it passes. I like to help people but right now I don't have anything to give. Just thought I'd let you know in case anyone was wondering where I was.

Fuzzy12
03-04-13, 08:28 AM
Aww...I'm so sorry. That sounds horrible. It's horrible to be constantly in pain. I hope the docs can find something to help you!!

We'll miss you Tudor but I totally understand if you need a break. Take good care of yourself and I hope your health will improve soon. Hope to see you around soon!!! :grouphug:

Raye
03-04-13, 09:34 AM
Take care of yourself, get well and come back soon. We'll miss you. :grouphug:

salleh
03-04-13, 09:52 AM
TR.....I am so sad to hear this ....we will miss you, but more than that, I know we're all concerned about your health ....

....Constant pain I know in a small way, with headaches everyday for 20 years,....but it certainly was nothing what you're like going through ....but I do know what it's like to have to deal with pain every day without respite ....

......I am sending you good thoughts and hopes and energy that your doctors can find out what is wrong and there is a treatment that will help you in one way or another, and extra special energies that it can be cured .....

...came and let us know how you're doing ....

stef
03-04-13, 09:55 AM
Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing!

Amtram
03-04-13, 11:47 AM
I'm sad to hear this, tudorose. I hope they figure everything out and find a way to make you feel better.

Dizfriz
03-04-13, 11:50 AM
You will be missed. Come back when you can, we shall be happy to see you.

Dizfriz

dasikins
03-04-13, 01:05 PM
Remember T-I am going through the exact same thing so look me up if you need to vent! Keeping positive thoughts for you!

BellaVita
03-04-13, 01:35 PM
Oh wow, so sorry. :( :grouphug:

Lunacie
03-04-13, 04:04 PM
I'm still holding out hope that isn't as serious as Lupus. :)
I had an aunt with Lupus and now have a niece with Lupus.

sarek
03-04-13, 04:12 PM
Lets hope they figure this out soon Turorose. I am sending you lots of hugs and good wishes for your health.

surviving63
03-04-13, 04:15 PM
Tudorose, i'm so sorry to hear of your illness. I hope that it's not lupus and that it's something that can be treated/cured. But no matter what it is, just know that we live in an age where science & medicine are constantly advancing and there is hope there.

Abi
03-04-13, 04:18 PM
I will miss you friend :grouphug:

You are in our thoughts.

Unmanagable
03-04-13, 04:24 PM
((((Hugs))) and lots of love coming your way. Hoping relief soon finds it's way to you.

Gilthranon
03-04-13, 04:55 PM
Sounds terrible, support is all I can give but at least let's hope life will get better, don't lose hope ! Don't give up !

SquarePeg
03-05-13, 04:00 AM
sorry to hear this Tudorose but you can email me anytime. The hard thing is facing what you are up again, ignoring in and trying to be strong only causes it to worsen.

Iīm not saying give into to it and stop fighting but rather go with it, work with it, listen to your body and rest, rest, rest, you are not being weak by doing this and your are not giving in to it. Believe me I fought against it all the time, docs told me it was in my mind, I truly started to get better when I faced facts (regardless of what docs said) and too things easy.
If you have a good day DONīT be tempted to do more, it will set you back.
Good luck, wishing you all the best x

TagEHeuer
03-05-13, 04:03 AM
Take care x

sarahsweets
03-05-13, 06:10 AM
Tudor, if you want to email me or whatever send me a pm.