View Full Version : Lexapro and Ritalin

asdfdoc
03-05-13, 03:54 AM
so this is a big update for me.

I've been on lexapro for about 4 months now. Ritalin for about 6 months.

Ritalin IS the drug that works for me. I've tried focalin too, but it just isn't good enough. I find it sedating.

So I went from 5mg lex for 1 wk, then 10mg lex for 2 months then upped to 15mg lex for 1 month, then I started having jerking movements, manic status, so dropped down back to 10mg 2wks then 5mg 2wks.

My anxiety is coming back but it's tolerable. I've always lived with anxiety so I can deal with this.

The problem with lex is that ritalin stopped working. 2.5mg rit or 5mg rit made me super tired. No idea why. I went to my doctor and complained, and she has no answer for me. She asked me if I tried 10mg rit but I said no since it causes too much anxiety. I was actually off rit for past two weeks cuz it wasn't doing anything but putting me to sleep.

Since I saw my doctor a couple of days ago, I remembered what my doc was saying and I tried 10mg, 15mg, 20mg rit at once. 20mg was def activating, but I found 15mg to be calming! 10mg was sedating but not as much as 5 or 2.5mg. How is this even possible? When I first tried ritalin I found even 2.5mg working perfectly fine for me. Now 15mg is my dosage? I plan to repeat taking 15mg until I see my doc but. I def think lexapro is doing something to me. My BP wasn't elevated but with 15mg, my pulse is definitely up there. Within 1 hour, it was around 85. I did feel a bit anxious, but my alertness and focus was definitely there though.

sarahsweets
03-05-13, 06:11 AM
Was ritalin effective for you without the lexapro? 2.5 mg is sooooo small. 15mg is not high at all.

hollywood
03-06-13, 12:33 AM
Isn't o.p. stating lexapro screwed effectiveness of stims up?

asdfdoc
03-07-13, 12:14 AM
Lexapro helps me with anxiety, but I can't get anything done. I will probably get off lexapro after talking to my doc.

hollywood. what meds r you on?
What has worked for you and what hasn't? adderall? focalin? ritalin? anti-depressant? I feel like my response to meds are similar to yours. you can pm me or post here. please.

hollywood
03-07-13, 01:13 AM
I would have to say tiny doses of Effexor or Prozac , and take at night . Otherwise I just cannot manage antid's . Wellbutrin is okay but it screws my cognition up , so it's a strange deal