View Full Version : Help, need a psychiatrist around Seattle

Ibicella Lutae
03-06-13, 09:45 PM
Can anybody recommend a psychiatrist? I need help with medication management and ADHD diagnosis/treatment.

I live in Everett WA, so the closer to that city the better, but I'm willing to go to Seattle for a good doctor.

DistractedGoat
03-06-13, 11:31 PM
I haven't seen any one mental health person to be able to really suggest any individual, but I go to the Everett Clinic for my needs, and they've always treated me well.

someothertime
03-06-13, 11:34 PM
In addition to posting here... I received fantastic info from my local "official" adhd support group / organisation.

You might give them a go too ;)

DistractedDude
03-07-13, 12:15 AM
I'm in the same position right now. I can tell you to stay away from SeaMar unless you like being on hold for long periods.

I made an appointment at Associated Behavioral Health in Northgate. They provide counseling, assessment and medication management in all of their locations.I was told the initial visit was $350, which is ok with me because I have insurance but it seems high.

My appointment is next Friday, maybe I'll remember to post a review of sorts then.

someothertime
03-07-13, 01:00 AM
$350 omg!!!

Drewbacca
03-07-13, 01:18 AM
Be careful with psychiatrist's, many would rather hand out medication than actually take the time to diagnose. If you are certain that you have ADHD and don't want a thorough evaluation I can make a recommendation on the East End but he was more interested in giving me various meds to try then having a conversation.

I'm really happy with my current p-doc, but, I live in Chicago now so that doesn't help you.

You might want to check to see if UW offers anything where medical students can practice, it would be a cheaper option and current students would likely be more up-to-date on current trends in diagnosis and treatment.

sarahsweets
03-07-13, 06:10 AM
Have you checked this section?http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=207

DistractedDude
03-07-13, 01:08 PM
$350 omg!!!

That's what I thought. Its easier to swallow with insurance but still seems real high. I think it might just be the initial evaluation that's expensive though. We'll see.

eclectic beagle
03-07-13, 01:11 PM
I hear Frasier is pretty good. Seriously, he does have some therapeutic episodes.

dasikins
03-07-13, 02:16 PM
MellyFishButt is from there maybe you can send her a quick message. She might have some ideas.

MellyFishButt
03-07-13, 02:48 PM
I looooove my pdoc and he has additional locations like Lynwood and I think issaquah. Look up Dr Joseph Doumit. He is part of Virgina Mason. His colleague does ADHD diagnosing: Dr Snyder.

Dunkles
03-07-13, 10:58 PM
I was just evaluated by Dr. Marc Redmon, in Snohomish. It was very intensive but I found him to be very sympathetic and approachable.