View Full Version : apathy is back

daveddd
03-09-13, 12:40 AM
ive had a bad combo of external events and depression recently

i realized im in a worthless relationship, i do so much for my wife, yet she just talks down to me and pretty much uses me when she needs relations

2 friends died of a drug overdose this week

i made the mistake of starting to not avoid emotion, that just led to more hurt(that wont happen again)

my meds are acting crazy

and i keep having manic episodes that only go a day or so, then i crash really hard

oh well, a day in the life

Flory
03-09-13, 12:44 AM
)))hugs(((

peripatetic
03-09-13, 01:14 AM
my deepest condolences on losing your two friends, dave. x

dresser
03-09-13, 03:02 AM
Huggs to you dave losses are never easy I think because we never realy expect them
not even if weve contemplated them or not If you need to talk PM me N we can E mail
stay with us bud

Fuzzy12
03-09-13, 03:07 AM
Dave I'm so sorry. Sometimes i wonder if depression is a defense mechanism home wrong that protects us from having to deal with too many things at once. I'm so sorry about your friends and your relationship too. Maybe try to deal with one thing at a time only. I know what it's like to want to avoid emotion but allow yourself to grieve please. Huge hugs :grouphug:

Unmanagable
03-09-13, 04:46 AM
Sending you my sympathies, some healing vibes, and lots of love, man.

(((((Hugs)))))

SquarePeg
03-09-13, 06:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your friends Dave. I hope things get better for you. A worthless relationship will only make you feel worthless.
:grouphug:

stef
03-09-13, 08:40 AM
so sorry to hear this!!!

MellyFishButt
03-09-13, 12:55 PM
That is a truly awful week, Dave. Wow. I find that apathy sets in when I am maxed out. It's like a defense mechanism for going crazy. Write down everything that is stressing you out, how you would feel about it and then put it away. You will stop being apathetic when the storm passes.

And you need a hug, bro. A big one. :(

keliza
03-09-13, 07:06 PM
Big hugs, Dave. I'm so sorry to hear about your friends, and all the other stressful things going on in your life. If you need to vent, we're all here for you.

eclectic beagle
03-09-13, 08:19 PM
That's rough. When I get overwhelmed, I isolate myself and shut down. It is the most effective for me because there is much less to control. That, and watching Patton Oswalt.

starry
03-10-13, 05:51 AM
A worthless relationship will only make you feel worthless.

I couldn't agree more with this.

Life is too short and too precious to spend it with someone who makes you unhappy most of the time.

I wish you much strength with this with whatever you decide to do.
Ending a bad relationship is like ripping off a band-aid. It only hurts right after for a bit and then you're fine ;)

So sorry about your friends Dave. :grouphug:

sarahsweets
03-10-13, 06:17 AM
Dave- I sorry you're going through this and I hope, if you are on medication, that its working ok.

Fuzzy12
03-11-13, 10:05 AM
Dave, how are you doing? Hope this week is better??

daveddd
03-11-13, 10:56 AM
thank you for asking

im back to comfortably numb