View Full Version : Found a bird's head & wing

Gilthranon
03-09-13, 10:09 AM
Chicken wings anyone ?

Kidding - but snooping through my laundry I found out my black sweater had grown a whole bunch of feathers, an entire wing - and - Hell - an entire bitten of bird's head with its beak open !

I'm sorry, but this is a natural happening - our cat brings mice & birds inside and I'm a nature passionate and can't help but admire this predatory instinct.

I would never set up animals vs animals on the other hand, when my cat reacts upon its instinct (taking in account in the food-chain every animal is adapted with survival skills and instinct and hence the bird has reflexes) and hunts to kill - leaving fair chances to the bird I can't help but admire the little darling !

What I'm highly against is hunting. It's cruel, for amusement, rational (and therefor not instinctual & natural) and not at all required for our survival.

Gotta love Café - her name. Our dog - Nesca : Nescafé :D

stef
03-09-13, 11:13 AM
we had a cat who used to bring home her "hunting trophies", meowing at the front door or she left them under this bush next to the front steps. um, thanks but no thanks...
it was uncanny watching her outside. like a safari documentary!

Abi
03-09-13, 11:55 AM
this is disgusting

Amtram
03-09-13, 12:22 PM
It's natural. I have two indoor cats and two outdoor cats. I also have a full glass storm door in front. One of the outdoor cats will catch something and meow until he has an audience, and wait to eat his catch until everyone inside is watching. Dinner theater. If I ever replace my front steps, they definitely need to be reddish brown stone instead of white concrete.

avjgirsijdhtjhs
03-09-13, 01:54 PM
My dog caught a racing pigeon (look it up - I had never knew of the existence of such a thing until this happened) (it had an ankle bracelet, and I was able to pull up the owner's website) once. It was pretty sad, but he ended up killing it pretty quickly and no more suffering for the bird.

Twiggy
03-09-13, 01:57 PM
My cats don't go outside, both tom cats.
BUT when I still had my girl cat 5 years ago that went outside, she used to bring me doves that were in shock and barely alive. They were all bloody too.

silivrentoliel
03-09-13, 03:39 PM
mine leave us the mice they catch in the house. I feel bad for the mouse... kinda. But they are efficient killers, and it's so much more humane than poison.

mad83
03-10-13, 11:36 AM
When one of my Agouti's died, the other ate him :(. Try cleaning THAT off of the bottom of the cage.