View Full Version : Comic relief!

GeordieDave
03-11-13, 07:17 AM
I volunteered myself to get my legs waxed for comic relief... and I am bricking it... got people from the BBC coming up, not sure if it's for the radio or the comic relief show... so I might be on TV.. not sure! I'm so nervous haha! I'll post some painful photos up later on tonight once its done xD

SquarePeg
03-11-13, 10:32 AM
Well done, good luck. Take a tip and shave the worst of the hair off first otherwise it will be sooooo painful!!! Remember NO SWEARING ha ha

stef
03-11-13, 10:34 AM
you're "bricking it" ...?

GeordieDave
03-11-13, 10:42 AM
Well things have been delayed :( Miranda Heart is coming in for tour of our building, as we work in the biggest telecommunications call centre in the UK it's quite popular for charity events.

i Volunteered last minute so have no time to shave.

Bricking it means I'm ****ting myself.

Fuzzy12
03-11-13, 10:44 AM
Hey, that's really, really nice of you!!!! Waxing isn't fun. Trust me, I know. :D

GeordieDave
03-11-13, 10:46 AM
Well shes just walked past me. Loads of cameras and stuff! Pretty exciting times! Everything will be showing on 'The One Show' tonight on the BBC.

got some photos on my phone which I will upload when I get home.

stef
03-11-13, 11:04 AM
Miranda, who has that show on the BBC ???
oh wow!!!

GeordieDave
03-11-13, 11:18 AM
Miranda Hart is a comedian. The BBC One Show.. If I'm correct is on every night at 6PM on BBC One.

GeordieDave
03-11-13, 11:25 AM
Ahh man I'm devastated! I'm no longer doing it now. It was suppose to be me and Toby (a crazy manager) doing it... but they only had time to do one person so Toby did it. I didn't even get to see him do it neither :( I'll watch it tonight!

SquarePeg
03-11-13, 11:48 AM
you had a lucky escape!!!

Amtram
03-11-13, 11:56 AM
Dang. I would have liked to see that. Oh, sweet, sweet schadenfreude!

I think it was "The 40-year-old Virgin" in which Steve Carrell got his chest waxed for real for the movie, so all the reaction footage was genuine. Poor guy started off awfully hairy. . .

Conman
03-11-13, 01:21 PM
oh it's some tv show/charity thing. i thought you were talking about general comic relief.

i can only be comic relief in some ways primarily with self-deprecating humor or sometimes normal humor. my taste in dark humor doesnt go over as well as the others most of the time since not many people i know like dark humor

Fuzzy12
03-11-13, 01:24 PM
Oh I'm sorry..how disappointing. :(

Well, at least you had a lucky escape from waxing. It's really very, very painful!! Give it a try when you feel like having a good cry ;)

oh it's some tv show/charity thing. i thought you were talking about general comic relief.

i can only be comic relief in some ways primarily with self-deprecating humor or sometimes normal humor. my taste in dark humor doesnt go over as well as the others most of the time since not many people i know like dark humor

Yes, Comic Relief is a UK based charity that tries mainly to fight poverty all around the world. I think, it's called comic relief, because a lot of their events are comedy based or good old stand-up comedy. I interpret it as "relief from poverty using comedy" :)

Amtram
03-11-13, 02:06 PM
Eh, waxing doesn't really hurt after the first time, IMO. Then again, I don't have any problems with eyebrow threading, either. Or dental work.

GeordieDave
03-11-13, 03:49 PM
They didn't even show it :( Dissapointing... Now I'm kinda pleased I didn't do it! He go his arm pit waxed!

slouchpotato
03-11-13, 04:00 PM
This is probably the most painful thing i've ever read!!!

GeordieDave
03-11-13, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZyURjcKgt0&feature=youtu.be