View Full Version : Wellbutrin and Panic Attacks

BobbyDrake
03-11-13, 01:16 PM
So, I've been taking 300mg of Wellbutrin every day for the past month. It is helping a little with the ADHD, but my anxiety/panic attacks are WAY worse. I had a full out panic attack just on Saturday, I mean, full on hyperventilating, shivering, unable to move... To put it succinctly, I froke. Plus I'm more paranoid than I was and can't stop worrying about things. Everytime my manager closes his office door I start freaking out that I'm going to get fired, even though I just had a perfectly fine performance review. Is this a normal side effect? Cause if it is, it didn't happen last time I took it at a higher dose.

sarahsweets
03-11-13, 02:43 PM
Is the wellbutrin prescribed just for adhd or something else?

BobbyDrake
03-11-13, 02:49 PM
Is the wellbutrin prescribed just for adhd or something else?

Just for the ADHD. Ritalin was giving me chest pains and numbness in my left arm, so my psychiatrist took me off of it and put me on the Wellbutrin so I don't have a heart attack before I hit 35 in two weeks. I'm actually waiting for a call back from him to talk about it and so I can get a refill on my Ambien cause I've been without that for 10 days and am back to sleeping 2 hours a night. If I sleep at all. Which now that I think about it, is probably part of the problem.

ToastandJam
03-12-13, 08:15 PM
Wellbutrin actually eliminates any trace anxiety I have. I love that about it. Doesn't do much for my ADD, though.

I took ritalin for years, and it was like doing lines all day. I was jittery, nervous, paranoid...by the end of the day, I'd get that wicked headache, too. Horrible.

I was switched to adderall a few years ago, and whoa. Like NO side effects from it. It did a great job with my ADD and focus, but didn't cause me the speedy side effects at all.

You might want to ask your pdoc about trying adderall, and getting off the wellbutrin. I know it's used off-label for ADD, but I can't see it as being the front line prescription if yours is truly a problem.